Chapter Nine- "I'm Not Good For You."

Chapter Nine

"I'm Not Good For You." 

Bella's Point Of View-

             “Guess this means you have a boyfriend now.”

            I let out a sigh of disbelief as Justin and I walked down the street towards my house. I never thought in a million years that today would go the way it did but it’s kind of crazy how such a shitty night could turn into something so perfect.

            “Justin Bieber? Having a girlfriend? Wow, that’s insane.” I teased and dodged his hand when he tried to grab me.

            His jaw dropped open and he jokingly put his hand over his heart like he’d just been shot or something. “You don’t think I can be a good boyfriend? That hurts Bella.”

            I wrapped his jacket tighter around my shoulders and tried to ignore the fact that I was still covered in paint. When I pictured Justin and I getting together, this is so not what I had in mind.

            “I think you’ll make a great boyfriend.” I admitted, making the tone of the conversation suddenly serious. “I knew you always would.”

            The autumn leaves whipped around our feet as the wind carried them in different directions and I couldn’t help but wonder what changed his mind about me. He seemed so reluctant to go to the dance with me before, what made him change his mind so quickly?

            “I think this will work out if you won’t be a smart ass all the time,” he added before letting out a laugh.

            I rolled my eyes and playfully hit his shoulder, trying to hide how happy I was. I wasn’t quite sure how this was honestly going to work out but I just wanted to give it the best shot that I could. He had his issues, a lot of them, but I wanted to try and get past them.

            “I’m joking.” He quickly spoke up once he heard that I wasn’t saying anything. “Despite the fact that you call me out on the stuff that I do, I like that about you.”

            This was a complete different person than who I met a little over a month ago. It’s like the anger just vanished and he didn’t seem like such a cold-hearted person. I like the fact that he’s being so down to earth with me because I don’t think he’s like this with many people.

            “Bella?” he reached over to close the space between us and interlocked his fingers with mine making me snap out of my thoughts. I glanced down at our fingers intertwined and it felt so perfect, so right.

            “Sorry.” I let out a nervous laugh and tightened my grip on his hand. “I’m just really glad you changed your mind about me.”

            Justin turned his brown eyes to mine, sending me a look of complete adoration. I’m not sure what it was about him tonight, but he made my heart swoon at the slightest glimpse of him.

            “Changed my mind?” he quoted the air with his fingers and sent me a look of confusion. “What do you mean?”

            “Well…” I trailed off and brushed my fingertips against his thumb. “You didn’t want to go to the dance with me a couple of days ago and when I tried to kiss you last week you didn’t exactly want to so I figured you thought about it and changed your mind.”

            Grabbing a hold of my wrist, he spun me around so I was in front of him on the sidewalk. Not letting me speak, he pressed his lips against mine, making my heart want to burst out of my chest. He bit down on my lip making me gasp and moved his tongue with mine as if he were claiming what was rightfully his. It felt so powerful. It was like this was supposed to happen a long time ago.