Chapter Thirteen- "I'm In."

Chapter Thirteen

"I'm In."

Justin’s Point Of View

           “Aye, look who showed up!”

            I closed the door behind me to see Dan, Matt and Kyle huddled around the island in the kitchen. I wasn’t quite sure about doing this whole thing because of Bella but then I remembered the conversation I had with myself last night. I wasn’t going to let any girl change who I was, not even her.

            “Sup?” I gathered around with the rest of them and bumped fists with Dan.

            Matt grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter and sunk his teeth into it as Kyle scrolled endlessly on his phone.

            “Just discussing some things...” Dan trailed off and drummed his fingertips on the counter. “Where are you from again?”

            “Stratford.” I replied.

            “Why’d you move here then?” Matt snorted and glanced around him.

            I knew they’d be asking this question sooner than later but at this point I didn’t have a problem with telling them. I was certain that they were in a gang and in order for me to be a part of it they’d have to know what I’ve done.

            “Got into trouble.” I shrugged and fixed the watch around my wrist.

            "What kind of trouble?” Matt questioned.

            “Matt.” Dan cut him off and rolled his eyes. “Sorry Justin. Unfortunately I have some nosey friends.”

            “Nah it’s cool.” I put my hands up and turned to look at Matt. “I fucked a teacher.”

            I watched them all give each other a look, even Kyle looked up from his phone once he heard what I just said. It didn’t take more than fifteen seconds before they all burst into laughter.

            “Dude how old was she?!” Kyle smacked his hand on his thigh from laughing so hard.

            “Twenty-seven.” I chuckled. “She was Puerto Rican and sexy. How could I not take advantage?”

            “Fair enough.” Dan replied. “So that’s the only reason why you moved here?”

            “No. I did other things like some drugs and gang related stuff. Nothing big, but I was getting myself into trouble so my parents uprooted me to this bullshit town.”

            I saw Kyle arch his eyebrow up at Dan. “Gang related?” He turned to look at me. “What do you mean?”

            I wasn’t sure if I wanted to tell them everything I’ve done. The gang was something really big in my life at the time and when my parents found out about it they practically shunned me. Not that I cared it’s just that I didn’t know if I exactly wanted to get back into a gang.

            “We were called The Ghosts.” I shrugged and flickered my eyes around the room. “There weren’t a lot of gangs in Stratford but we liked to think we were tough shit I guess, I don’t know.”

            “Have you ever killed anyone?” Dan questioned.

            The way he asked it was as if it meant nothing to him. It was like what he just asked was completely normal for him.