Chapter Eight- "Look Out."

Chapter Eight

"Look Out." 

Bella's Point Of View-

        “Bella! Brett’s here!”

            I heard my mom call my name from downstairs and quickly tried to find my heels to put on. I don’t know why I’m so nervous but I felt like I couldn’t breathe.

            “Coming!” I shouted and stumbled to fix the heel.

            Tonight was so not going to be enjoyable and I wasn’t exactly looking forward to it. I honestly wanted to go to the dance with Justin but he just didn’t want to admit that he liked me. It was getting more than frustrating knowing that he liked me and to be honest I don’t think I could be just friends with him. There’s too much attraction there and I know I’m not the only one that feels it.

            Grabbing my handbag, I looked myself over in the mirror to make sure I looked perfect. I bought a turquoise strapless floor length gown that had a sweetheart neckline and sequins surrounding the top half. I instantly fell in love with the dress when I saw it and I’ve always been in love with the color blue.

            I found a pair of silver heels to go with it that I already had in my closet and I bought a silver handbag that matched perfectly. Half of my hair was pulled behind my head and I curled the under layer to make sure they were perfect ringlets. Overall I think I looked pretty good.

            Shutting the door behind me, I walked down the staircase, feeling Brett’s eyes burn into me, and just wanted to leave already. My mom obnoxiously snapped the camera away and waited to get Brett’s reaction in a picture. She just needed to back the hell off and leave us alone.

            “Mom, seriously?” I rolled my eyes and stood awkwardly in front of Brett, not knowing what to say.

            “Bella you look extremely beautiful.”  He smiled shyly at me and glanced towards my mom, hoping what he said wasn’t out of line. I immediately felt a pang in my heart from how cute he was being. As much as he what he did pissed me off, I think I’d always have feelings for him.

            “Thank you.” I smiled and went to reach for the handle of the door. “Bye mom.”

            “Hey, wait a second missy.” She stopped the door and turned me around to face her. “Don’t you dare think you’re leaving here without a couple of pictures.”

            “Are you serious?” I groaned and put my face into my hands. She was so embarrassing.

            Brett took the corsage out from his pocket and placed it on my wrist. It was a silver beaded bracelet with a turquoise flower attached to it… I instantly loved it.

            “This is really pretty.” I admitted and brushed the petals with my fingertips.

            “Rachelle get down here and take a picture with your sister!” my mom called up the steps and went into the kitchen to retrieve the boutonnière for me to give to Brett.

            I quickly grabbed it from my mom and fastened the white flower onto Brett’s jacket. The quicker we could get out of here the better.

            “Alright you two, get together.”

            I let out a deep breath, trying to control my patience, and felt Brett’s arms come protectively around my waist, causing me to blush. He could be so cute at times.