Chapter Twenty Five- "You Need To Focus."

Chapter Twenty Five

"You Need To Focus."

          This class period felt complete. I could finally feel his gaze burn into my back from the chair but instead of feeling awkward like I usually do, I felt loved. When Justin and I were apart it pained me to go to this class and have to sit next to Danielle to hear her stupid snide remarks about the two of us breaking up since the whole school had basically heard we were over. I don’t even know how they found out but I guess that’s the thing about high school. Things start to spread and even if sometimes it’s a rumor, it ends up being true without the person who started it realizing.

            A piece of paper fell over my shoulder onto the wood of my desk and I instantly blushed when I saw a heart scribbled on the front of it. I just wanted to honestly drag him home right now and ditch school but unfortunately that couldn’t happen.

            “That skirt…. Distracting.”

            I tried not to laugh and shifted in my seat to tease him a little bit more. We have a lot of catching up to do since we’ve been away and I couldn’t wait to get started. I had to go to my dads this weekend but hopefully I can sneak in a visit from him before then seems how my mom said he could come over to tutor me after school. Or more like me tutor him since I’m better at math than he is believe it or not.

            “Take it off then.”

            Folding the note back up, I glanced up from my textbook to make sure Ms. Santos wasn’t looking and quickly placed it on his desk behind me. It’s hard to not be able to look at him for a whole hour, let alone the whole school day. We spent every minute with each other between classes to try and make up for it but it just wasn’t the same. I told him that he didn’t need to walk me to my classes because it made him late to his other ones but he didn’t care.  

            He cleared his throat, most likely out of sexual frustration, and before I knew it the note landed on my desk once more.

            “Don’t do that to me. When and where?”

            I looked back up at the clock and realized that there was only a minute left of the period so I folded the note back up and shoved it in the pocket of my backpack. It would be pointless to write back when I could just talk to him in a couple of minutes anyways.

            “Hey cutie can I borrow your pencil again?” Ian turned around in his desk and looked down at the mechanical one I was currently holding. I could literally feel Justin’s anger from where I was sitting and before I even had time to respond, he stepped in.

            “Here cutie I got one for ya.” He started to laugh in a rude manner and extended his hand out in front of my shoulder to give him a pencil. “Don’t call her that again, got it?’
            “U-uh yeah.” He responded. “Sorry, Bella.”

            Feeling more than embarrassed, I sunk down lower into my seat and was beyond thankful when the bell for next period rang. I didn’t even want to talk to Justin after that. I mean, that was so uncalled for and rude. Ian was just trying to be a nice guy and he had to come and make him feel like he did something wrong.