Chapter Sixteen- "I Can."

Chapter Sixteen

"I Can." 

 Bella’s Point Of View-

             The dreadful school week was finally coming to an end and I was finally able to go to my dad’s house for the weekend. My grounding has been pure hell. All I did was come home from school with my mom every day and do my homework. I probably wouldn’t have been able to survive if it weren’t for this phone that Justin gave me.

            “Honey you said your father wanted you to be there at six right? You better get going.”

            I heard my mom’s voice flood through the cracks in the door and instantly felt a smile form on my face. See what I was actually up to was that I was going to see Justin at our spot before I went to my dad’s house. I knew it would work because there was no way in hell my mom would ever want to talk to my dad so she wouldn’t find out.

            “I know, I’m ready.”

            Swinging the door open, I slung my pink duffle bag over my shoulder and nodded my head at Rachelle to send her a silent goodbye. She had a cheerleading competition this weekend so she wasn’t going to our dad’s thankfully.

            “Do you have everything?”

            Sending my mom a look of disgust I couldn’t help but get irritated. I mean the only things that I could bring were clothes, seems how she took away my laptop and my phone.

            “Yup.” I responded, my tone of voice growing bitter.

            Giving her a small side hug, I opened up the door and headed towards my car. I haven’t been able to drive it in what seems like ten years. I honestly was kind of surprised she was letting me take my car instead of her driving but then again, she hated my dad so what was I expecting?

-------- 

            I’ve been sitting in the grass for over an hour and there still wasn’t any sign of him. He texted me earlier saying that he wanted me to meet him here at six but I don’t understand why if that wasn’t the time he meant. I didn’t want to leave because I figured if he couldn’t make it he would text me but maybe I was wrong.

            Standing up from the flowers, I started to head back to my car. My dad was actually expecting me at eight so if I waited any longer I was going to be late.

--------

Justin’s Point Of View-

          “What’s going on?”

            I closed the door to Dan’s house and headed over towards the counter where everyone was standing around. Dan had texted my phone saying there was an emergency meeting for everyone and I had no choice but to come. Bella was most likely pissed as hell right now but I’ll just have to deal with her later.

            “What the hell are we supposed to do when we’re being targeted?” Matt sneered towards Dan, his eyes blazing with fury.

            I noticed a new man that I’ve never seen before chugging a beer can next to Matt. He looked much different from the rest. He was extremely tall –probably about six foot- and he hand a long black ponytail running down his back. I was assuming this was Roger.