•C h a p t e r T h r e e•

Please vote and comment!

"And I know this could work, if I could only let you win." -Marina Kaye

///

                       I walk out in my backyard with my pack trailing behind me. We see about seven different packs making their way to my party.

"You're definantly going to find your mate." Alana whispers into my ear. This time her whisper isn't teasing it's serious.

I know she's most likely right. Seven packs and about a thousand wolves? My mate has to be here.

We walk over to the other packs and begin to greet them kindly. My nerves are sky rocketing as more and more wolves pass by. Some sniff me and cast their head down in dissapointment whilst others steer clear of me.

The thing is, I should be able to smell my mate. His scent wil be the only thing I smell, all my other senses will be clouded, I'll only be focused on his.

"Nothing?" My mother asks while coming beside me.

"Nope." I say with relief evident in my voice.

My mother sighs quietly before whispering, "Remember, a blessing, not a curse." And with that she vanishes amongst the others.

"Hello Alpha Maddison." A gruff voice says. I spin around to come face to face with a tall and handsome man. I instantly recongize him as Alpha Aden.

"Alpha Aden." I acknowledge.

"No sign of your mate?" Alpha Aden asks.

"No." I say.

"You sound relieved. You don't want a mate?" Alpha Aden asks in confusion.

I shake my head and let out an unamused chuckle. "No, I don't want a mate."

"Well, that is sad to hear. You would make an excellent luna." Alpha Aden says with a kind smile.

"Thank you Alpha Aden, but my dream isn't to be a luna. I desire for more power than what a luna recieves." I say with hunger in my eyes.

Alpha Aden smirks at me before shaking his head in amusement. "Young one, you have no idea how that thought will change once you find your mate."

I scoff at him. "Doubt it."

Alpha Aden chuckles and says nothing else before walking away.

A very energetic Rowan comes skipping towards me. I giggle at the sight of chocolate smeared all over his mouth.

"What's so funny Maddi Cat?" Rowan asks in confusion.

I giggle at his stupidity. "Oh my God." I say in between my fits of laughter.

Rowan now has an angry look on his face. "Maddison what is so funny?"

I point to the chocolate and than his face. Realization dawns on his face like a lightbulb turning on. He blushes intensley before wiping the chocolate off his face.

"Damñ you Maddison." He growls as he glares at me.

I smirk and roll my eyes at his dramatics. "Easy Rowie."

Rowan does nothing but huff in annoyance. "So did you find your mate that is unwanted?''

I shake my head. I honestly am so sick and tired of people asking me this question. They all know how opposed I am to having a mate but yet they still act as if once I find him I'll be all lovey dovey and change my mind,

"I'm going for a walk, if anyone asks where I am lie and say you don't know." I say before turning away from my party and fleeing into the dark forest.

***

I stumble over tree branches and stones as I run aimlessly through the forest. The cold nights air hits my face as I dash through the forest.

The animals are chattering away, the crickets are gossiping like teenage girls. The smell of pine and nature engulfs my nose. It calms me down as I fly through the dark kingdom.

After running for a few more minutes I decide to stop and sit down on a large rock. I climb up it with ease before sitting on it. I cast my eyes to the dark canvas in the sky. No stars, no moon, nothing. A pitch black canvas that is crying for someone to add some light to it. Although it is simple and bland, it's beautiful. The darkness in the sky is a sign that it's time for the monsters; like me, to roam. It's our time to be free. The night is Mother Natures gift to the monsters that lurk in the shadows.

As I am lost in my thoughts I don't hear the snap of twigs behind me, nor the smell of hunger and anticipation.

That is until I'm knocked of the rock and pinned on the ground. A strong pair of arms are pinning my fragile, limp arms down. I don't say anything. I'm too consumed with the strong and powerful smell of pine and nature.

Then I'm met with electric blue eyes that slowly turn into a bright golden. A dark snarl escapes the lips of my attacker. I freeze as he smells my neck and licks the spot that my mate would claim. I struggle underneath this male but stop when a harsh and very ruthless growls come from him.

I freeze as I silently beg someone to come help me. I'm so blinded by fear that I am oblivious to the sparks bouncing through my skin.

"Hello." His husky voice says bringing me out of my trance of fear.

I am paralyzed under this male. I can't see anything but his glowing eyes. Then reality crashes into me like a thousand bricks slamming into me.

This male's scent is all that I can smell. His strong hands that pin my arm create excited sparks that are dancing.

This male is my mate.

Shït.

///

Third chapter! I am so loving Maddisons cocky attitude! She is just a ball of sass.

I wonder what her mate is like? 

Who am I kidding I know what he is like.

Well, please leave a vote and comment and maybe even follow me! I would really appreciate it.