•C h a p t e r T w e n t y Rewrite•

"You should escape! Skip town. No more excuses. Abandon ship, or drown."

Im so sorry for the long and overdue update! Sunday evening I was messing around with my friend and we were walking and he shoved me lightly and then I fell and somehow dislocated my kneecap(patella) so I'm in a brace and have crutches and it honestly sucks so I've been down in the dumps;( anyways, I'm back:)!

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a

C h a p t e r T w e n t y

///

I've been running for a few hours now and so far I am winning the game. I haven't heard anything from him or his pack which is a good sign.

I need to get back to my pack, I need to find them. I have bets on the assumption that my pack relocated somewhere. I know the members that Jay captured did not go rogue or abandon the rest of the pack so they must be somewhere around the area we were in before.

My wolf has been wanting me to let her out so she can use her high sense to find them. I decide to finally listen to her and release her. Soon enough my skin is fur and now I'm walking on four.

My wolf begins to jog quickly along the tree-lines. It isn't long before she picks up a faint scent. My wolf goes into a frenzy and begins to sprint through the forest. Her body weaves through the trees with such ease that it's almost enchanting. She's as graceful as a doe but as powerful as a lion.

My wolf is like a bird flying freely through the woods. She knows what she's doing and in this moment I trust her with my entire life. She'll do everything in her power to protect me; us, from anything and anyone that is a threat.

My wolf finds herself finding the scent gaining stronger and stronger as she drawls closer to the destination.

***

We continue running for an hour or two until finally the scent is so powerful that it's close enough to see. I can see some of my pack members slightly scattered around a small fire that is going. My pack was wise and choose a secure spot surrounded by a bunch of rocks and a small clearing where the treeline stops.

I shift into my human form and advance towards the pack. I hold my head up high but it slightly lowers when I start to get closer.

I walk briskly past the fire and walk to the fire. Gasps escape my pack members as I eye them carefully. They all look healthy; or as healthy as they can be right now.

"Alpha Maddison!" A few pack members exclaim. I ignore them and gaze around the area for Rowan, once I lay my eyes on him I regret it instantly. He's holding hands with a beautiful brunette. His eyes lock with mine as he walks towards me.

'Who is this? What happened to Alex? His mate?' Nova; my wolf asked.

"Maddi." Rowan blurts out in realization. Did he not recognize me?

"Hi Row." I said in a monotonous voice. "Who's this?" I asked while motioning with my head to the petite girl next to him who is sending daggers with her bright green eyes.

"I'm Kloe, the real question is who are you?'' The brunette asked with disdain her voice. She is pretty in all honesty with her short brown hair that lays beneath her shoulders and pale skin. She has a mole on the side of her left eye and some freckles decorating.

"The alpha." I snap at the girl. She isn't apart of my pack that much I can tell. 

"You're the alpha, but you're a female! Plus, I thought Rowan was, I mean that is what he said." Kloe said, while looking at Rowan in confusion.

"Is that so?" I asked daringly. It angers me knowing that Rowan tried to claim my title. Gosh, give the boy a few days on his own and he suddenly turns into this whole new person. What happened to my best-friend?

'He fell in love with someone he can't have.'  An unfamiliar voice said in my head. It wasn't Nova and that confused me greatly. It is probably just my conscious.

"Maddi, I didn't know if you would return." Rowan defends.

"What do you mean? That I wasn't going to return." I snap in irritation.

"I thought Jay would've kept you hostage." Rowan said with narrowed eyes.

"Who is she to you?" I asked, completely diverting the conversation.

"This is Kloe, my mate."

///

Short I know but I wanted to update quickly.

Please vote and comment:)

Stay tuned for the next chapter!!!!!

Hint! Aka spoiler!

There will be a battle.

;)