•C h a p t e r E i g h t•

Another update! I am at the urgent care in my town for my tooth:( toothaches suck!

Anyways, I want to address something that has been slightly bothering me. I understand some of you really like my story and I am so thankful for that! But when you demand an update or rudely ask 'when are you going to update its been like forever' when in reality it's been a couple days, it makes me not want to update. I don't get payed to write like I've stated before, I do this because I want to. I love reading your comments saying 'update soon', or something along those lines but only when it's nicely put.

I hope you enjoy this chapter! If so, please vote and comment.

///

"My hunger grows, and it won't let me go." -Marina Kaye

C h a l l e n g i n g    T h e    A l p h a

C h a p t e r   E i g h t

///

             Rowan's words comforted me in a sense but as much as I want to believe him, I know deep down something bad is going to happen. It's coming and when it does it will hit us with full force, a force I might not be able to defeat.

"I feel as if something is coming, I feel it in my bones." I whisper to Rowan.

Rowan nods in understanding. "You have to warn the pack members today." Rowan is right. I haven't told many pack members, just a few trusted ones. I needed to do it today, they need to begin to prepare for war.

'Pack meeting now!' I mind-link everyone sharply.

A chorus of 'yes alpha' rung through my head. I rush out of the kitchen with Rowan hot on my trails. I walk trough the long hallway where many of my pack members are scrambling to my meeting hall. I push past them quite easily and make my way into the large room. The meeting hall is a large room that has a ginormous stage toward the back of the room. Numerous of my pack members are already in the room. I can smell the anxiety seep off them. It isn't very often that I call for a pack meeting.

I walk across the white granite tiling and over to the wooden stage that has a microphone propped in the center. The room is empty aside from my pack members and a bar with bar stools around the island, about ten stacks of chairs on the right wall. No paintings, nothing. The room was purely white besides the wooden stage and the microphone.

I walk onto the stage and wait a few minutes until nobody else was rushing through the doors. I walk up to the microphone and the room goes dead silent.

     "I understand your confusions and worries as to why I abruptly called a pack meeting," I pause and watch a few pack members nod their heads, "anyways I wanted to inform you that I have found my mate," a few gasps escape from my pack members as they eagerly look around to detect an unknown face, "my mate is alpha Jay Pierce." I say calmly. The room goes dead silent for a moment before they uproar. They shout angry responses and growl in anger and some whimper in fear. I raise my hand up to silence them. "I have no interest in a mate as many of you know, so he is not here nor will he ever lead this pack. This is my pack, and nobody will take it from me. I am informing you that my mate has declared war against us, and we need to be prepared. He hasn't given us a specific time to when he will attack, but I know you all feel something in your bones. Something bigger than us is coming, and we need to prepare for it." I say sternly. Few members of my pack nod whilst others watch me curiously. "We will be attacked when we least expect it, so we need to expect it, every second, every minute, every hour, every day. We need to be alert and if we don't we will be destroyed. Starting after this meeting I will be increasing patrols to the boundaries, I will be increasing guards to the pack house. One rule is all I have, no women who are expecting nor children under fourteen, or the sick and elderly may battle. Everyone else is expected to." I pause to regain my breath. "Let's kick some asś!" I scream. Cheers erupt from my pack members as we grow eager to have the blood of others on our hands.