•Chapter Thirty Five•

"The demon curse."

I stare at Jay in confusion. What is the demon curse? Why would the MoonGoddess give one of her own children a curse that sounds so dark and sinister? Jay must've done something really bad, but I wonder what?

"What?" I asked confused.

Jay sighs deeply and runs his hand down his face in frustration. "The demon curse. It's where I don't have control over my wolf. I can't control what he does, what he thinks, what he says. I can't reign him over. So, when I say you can't tame me, I mean it because even I can't tame him and he's a part of me."

I process this new information. So, Jay can't control his beast? "What's it like? Not having control of something that is a part of you." I ask softly. I would hate to not control my wolf, she is a part of me and sometimes needs to be controlled. I mean, after all our wolves are wild beast being caged up in a human body.

"It's like a part of me isn't even mine anymore. It's empty there, although he is there it's as if he isn't. We bitter daily, he taunts me. It's like a haunting dream that won't go away." Jay solemnly says. I never realized that he, the monster, the killer, could have reasoning behind his cruelness.

"Why haven't you tried to do anything about it?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"The MoonGoddess prohibited Ashley from telling me." Jay grumbles.

If Ashley can't tell Jay then how is he ever supposed to break the curse?

'MoonGoddess never said Ashley couldn't tell us.' My wolf whispers with a small smile. The idea of helping Jay seems insane. Why should I help the male who caused pain? Forgive, but never forget. If I help Jay, he could go back to his normal ways, and maybe, just maybe, we could work at this deranged relationship.

"Ashley can tell me. Then, I can tell you and we can go break the curse!" I exclaim.

Jay shakes his head slightly. "Maybe, but it isn't as simple as that. If it requires us leaving I need someone to run the pack and I'm not on good terms with many of my pack members, since they figured out I hit you."

I tap my chin as I think. Well, maybe I could lie and say I edged him on. Then it technically is my fault just as much as it is his. Then again, he did hit me and that is unforgivable, even under the circumstances. I need to help him for the sake of his pack, and for the sake of him.

"I will lie and say I edged you on, but this does not mean I have forgiven you for hitting me. That was uncalled for and I won't stand for it. I am not a punching bag. You will never hit me again." I say sternly.

Jay nods quickly and smiles sadly. "I am sorry for hitting you. That wasn't right, and I promise it will never happen again."

I don't trust his word yet so all I do is nod curtly. I know that he is trying to better himself and that he couldn't control his beast but I don't understand how he can't control hitting me. I know it wasn't just his wolf. Jay is a hot-head, so mixing his wolf just screams danger.

"Okay, so I will go and find Ashley and try and get the story out, you watch Ella, bond with her and please for my sake don't let your anger get the best of you." I say with pleading eyes.

"Alright." Jay says. Jay walks toward Ella's door and opens it, he turns around and looks at me and flashes me a small smile which I return. Progress, this is progress. We may never be at a good stage, we won't ever love each-other, but it doesn't mean we give up.

I walk out of my room and down the long corridor then down a flight of steps. The pack members are scattered throughout the pack house. Many look at me sympathetically. I see a few of my former pack members. My old pack got the decision of being a rogue or joining Jay's pack, many choose rogue.

The sympathetic gazes will go away once they hear my lie. I weave through the crowd of people to try and find Ashley. It doesn't take long for me to spot Ashley among other woman her age. They are gossiping with one-another.

"Ashley, may I talk to you?" I ask as I neared them.

Ashley looks away from her cohort of friends over to me. Her eyes widen slightly and she smiles at me. "Sure." Ashley says something to her friends and walks over to me. "What's up?" She asks.

"I need to talk to you in private." I say quietly.

Ashley nods swiftly and grabs my arms and drags me out of the living room and through the kitchen. She slides open the back door and leads me outside. The cold air hits my face like bricks. I really do hate the cold, it's so obnoxious.

Ashley looks around to make sure nobody is around. When she seems satisified she turns to look at me. "You want me to tell you about Jay's curse? I've been waiting for you to ask."

I'm a little startled at how much she knows already. What does she mean 'I've been waiting for you to ask?'?

"How can we break the curse?" I ask nervously.

"Only the mate of the beast can break the curse." Ashley says curtly.

"How do I do that?" I ask eagerly.

"Challenge the alpha."

///

Uh oh, what could this mean? I think the title is slowly being revealed :) Anyways, CTA is #14! Thank you all so much! Alsooo, please please please vote and comment and help me get to the top ten! It would mean a lot to me.

So, I will be updating daily until Christmas, you know how you-tubers have Vlogmas, well I have Writemas.

Vote&Comment please.

Thank you so much.

Special thanks to

Zawaii-Chan

Farah_Bennabi

Thank you both.