•C h a p t e r T w e n t y T h r e e•

"Our tainted history is paying on repeat."

Okay, so CTA was 71 on the what's hot list! Omg!!! It's not anymore but I hope it will be or even more ranked!!

Thank you to everyone reading my book and enjoying it!

Thank you to those of you who comment and vote!!!

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y   T h r e e

///

Alana chuckles darkly and eyes my carefully. "Let's destroy him once and for all, the plan is working beautifully."

Alana and I smirk at one another as we walk back to everyone else.

"Listen up, this is what we're going to do, we are going to raid alpha jay and destroy him once and for all!" I demand coldly.

Shocked expressions cross over many of my pack members faces. They're probably wondering how I can so easily kill my mate? Good question.

"Alpha, that's your mate? You could die!" A petite woman with ash blonde hair exclaims from the crowd.

"I'd rather die in honor than have him as a mate." I sneer in pure disgust.

The woman shakes her head sadly but doesn't say anymore.

"We leave today, gather items you may wish to bring to our new home, once I destroy Jay I'll be alpha." I say with a devilishly smirk.

My pack isn't surprised, they know I have a hunger for power.

"This is going to be tough Maddi." Alana says once everyone is dismissed.

"It'll be easy." I say with a dark smile crossing my face.

"What do you mean?" Alana asks confused.

"I'm not actually going to kill him." I say nonchalantly.

"What do you mean? Maddi you're confusing me!" Alana says exasperated.

"You'll see, cousin." I say in a calm, collective voice.

"Don't do anything Maddison, I'm serious. You're lucky this time, you're so lucky that I had your back. But this time I might not because I have to fight now." Alana says in a worried voice.

"I know, I'm not dumb. I'm alpha for a reason." I say with a dismissive shrug.

"I hope you know what you're doing." Alana says before walking away from me.

I leave the meeting hall and roam the burned down abode.

Families have died because of me.

People lost friends,

Mothers lost daughters

Fathers lost sons

Brothers lost sisters

Lovers lost lovers

Everyone lost something.

This is payback.

I stare blankly at the white wall in front of me as I allow my thoughts to wander around aimlessly.

Where will Jay least expect an attack?

Day after I escaped?

Is this smart? He's infuriated by the fact that I won this game.

Is trying to defeat the game master really a good idea?

"Maddi." Rowan's rough voice calls, breaking me away from my thoughts.

I turn to Rowan who's watching me wearily. "What Rowan?" I ask in annoyance. To say I am upset with this male is an understatement, I'm not upset, not mad, I'm hurt.

"I need to explain Kloe." Rowan says softly.

I shake my head immediately. "I don't want to hear it Rowan, I really don't."

"You may not want to hear it but you need to hear it." Rowan says.

"Rowan I get it. You and I were nothing but two people who were lonely and decided to screw around. It's over between us. I know that, and I'm fine with it. We were nothing together." I say in a cold voice.

Rowan's face is morphed into shock. "That's how you feel? That what you and I were was nothing? Maddi, we were everything, we had everything. Your nothing is my everything. I love you Maddison, I always will."

"But." I say blankly.

Rowan sighs, "but, you and I can't happen. Kloe is my mate, my second chance mate and I don't plan on letting her go. She's a good person, she's good for me, she's the one."

Hearing him say it out loud kills me more than it did before.

"Look, like I said I don't care, we were nothing to me." I lie right through gritted teeth.

Rowan shakes his head sadly and looks at me longingly in the eye. "Maddi, don't be like this, I do love you, but I love Kloe more."

"Okay." I say coldly. What is he trying to do? Trying to accomplish?

'Maddi, I have a new plan.' Alana says through private mind-link.

'What is it?' I ask.

'We are going to lure Jay into our territory.' Alana says.

'How?'

'We are going to fake your death.' Alana says with a wicked smile.

Fake my death?

'Brilliant.'

///

Hi guys! I'm sorry for being a few days late but I'm now sick too with a nasty cold! But that's no excuse!

Anyways, how do you feel about Alana and Maddi's new plan?

This story might be coming to an end soon:( I think maybe ten more chapters and then it'll be over:(

Gosh, thinking about this story being over so soon breaks my heart! I actually want to ride this one out so maybe I'll go into the sixties.

Thank you for voting and commenting!! I love your support:))))

Please feel free to send me some of your ideas through messages!

Also, I'm looking for a new cover! Please feel free to also send them though email! Message me if you decide to and need my email:)

Thank you, have a good day/night.