•C h a p t e r S e v e n•

So sorry for the late update! I have been really busy! I won't be updating as often but I will try my best to! I am so thankful to how many reads this story has already gotten!!

Please keep showing your support by voting and commenting!!

"You are the piece of me, I wish I didn't need. Chasing relentlessly, still fight and I don't know why?" -Zedd

C h a l l e n g i n g t h e a l p h a

C h a p t e r s e v e n

I wake up with an odd feeling in my gut; an unwanted feeling. I can't explain it but it's as if something bad is going to happen. My thoughts begin to drift to my horrid mate, but I would've known, I would've gotten a sign somehow.

'No you wouldn't have, you know when he comes it'll be a surprise. He'll attack when you least expect it.' My wolf points out.

'Will you know?' I ask my wolf nervously.

'No, I don't communicate with his wolf and his wolf doesn't try, thankfully.' My wolf snarls in disgust at the mention of our mate.

I don't say anything else, I just wander into my bathroom. I look at my wild blonde hair in the mirror and cringe internally. My dark brown eyes are flooded with emotions but only one stands out; fear.

I walk away from my reflection and hop into the warm, relaxing shower. I let the hot water hit my back and enjoy the little sting of pain as the water scorches my skin. I let out a soft sigh as I allow my mind to wander to the 'killer'; my mate. I know his stack will be surprised and at the time my pack and I least expect it. What makes my bones shrill is the fact that he really does has the power to destroy my pack. If he brought enough of his warriors he could easily take mine out. The sad thing is-is that this fight has nothing to do with strength, it has everything to do with being lethal and wise, and unfortunately my mate is far more wise and lethal than I am, and it could mean that this game we are playing has me already defeated.

After my long and thoughtful shower, I get out and dry my body off before throwing on my undergarments and a pair of black leggings and a black ''Nike' sweatshirt. I let my hair air dry so that it will be wavy and not frizzy. I don't bother with makeup because I don't really need to impress anyone.

I sulk out of my bedroom only to crash into a rock-hard chest. I mentally face-palm myself for not paying attention to where I was going.

'That's what you get for sulking.' My wolf snickered.

I mentally flip her off causing her to sulk away and growl in annoyance.

"Ow." I rub my head as pain over floods me.

A deep chuckle escape the rock-hard chest. I look up to see Rowan standing with an amused look on his face. "Rowan what are you doing here?" I ask a little bit more harsher than intended. To be honest I would be lying if I said I was glad to see him, he is the second-to-last person I want to see.

Rowan didn't seem phased by my rudeness and simply shrugged. "I was bored and you were here."

I roll my eyes at his nonchalance. Yeah, nice Rowan. It's totally normal that you nearly kissed me and pulled some moves on me yesterday and than became angry. Totally normal.