•C h a p t e r N i n e t e e n•

"I want to testify, screaming the holy lies. You bring me back to life. And it's all in the name of love."

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   N i n e t e e n

///

Days, weeks, months, go on without having any interactions with anyone. I wasn't allowed to say goodbye to my pack, all I know is that they're gone and I might never see them again.

I had a plan, a plan to escape, but this numbness inside me caused my brain to cease and everything to become numb; not only on the inside. I don't understand why I am paired with such a malicious man, I just don't know why fate would be so cruel to me.

I always thought that when I found my mate everything would be simple, I would explain to them that I don't want a mate and would reject them and then we would part ways. In this case it isnt as easy as I presumed. My life was never supposed to be like this, never.

I know for a fact that I am destined to be alone, I dont get a mate, its not in the cards for me, or at least it wasnt supposed to be.

I emerge from my tent of blankets and walk over to the window. I place my forehead against the cool glass. My heart begins to beat faster at the sound of footsteps advancing towards my room. Within seconds the door flies open and in walks Jay looking amazing as always in his black muscle shirt and his grey basket ball shorts. His hair is drenched in sweat and so is his face.

¨Nice to see you up Maddison.¨ Jay says in a curt tone. I am surprised to hear no sarcasm in his voice.

¨Yeah." I mumble while looking back at the window.

¨You need to come out of your room, little one.¨ Jay says in a soft voice. I whip around and stare at Jay with wide eyes. Jay's softness is so odd that if he wasn't the only one standing in my room with me I wouldn't have believed it was him.

"Why would I do that?" I ask in a snappy tone. This startles Jay, my sudden emotion that arises.

"Because you've become a bat! You drown in your own sympathy now, you drown in self pity in this room." Jay snaps back.

I scoff at him and cross my arms over my chest. "Who's fault is that?" I ask with narrow eyes.

Jay sighs deeply and runs a hand across his face. "I tried Maddison, I tried doing this the nice way. Now we can play a game, a very fun game." All kindness vanishes and is replaced with wickedness.

My heart begins to beat like a wild animal trying to escape it's cage. My palms grow sweaty and my eyes begin to water in fear, fear of what this game beholds. I watch Jay's face grow more sinister at my reaction. "Don't." I say in fear.

Jay chuckles darkly before stalking towards me like the hungry wolf he is. "Now, now, don't fear little one, this game is fun." Jay says.

"Jay leave me alone." I beg while backing away from him until my back hits the window.

Jay advances toward me and stops right in front of me. He places his hands on both sides of my head and leans in closely. "Run.'' Jay says before leaning away from me.

I look at him in confusion. What does he mean run? Run from what?

"What?" I ask with wide eyes.

"You have two minutes to run as fast as you can away from me and if you succeed to escape me then you will have initiated another game, but if you don't escape me you will suffer." Jay explains with a tint of darkness in his eyes.

I don't hestiate to obey him. I run out of that room as fast as I can. I fly through the hall and down the stairs with ease. I barge through the front door and take off running towards the woods. I find my wolf pacing inside me with a need, a need to be released from this cage she's been in. I let her out and allow the shift to take over. My skin is replaced with fur and soon enough I am running on four paws instead of two feet. I fly through the woods with a pacing thought in my head.

What if he catches me? What game have I initiated.

With that, I take off into the woods with the haunting question, but it isn't until I hear his battle cry that I realize this is a game of cat and mouse.

///

Sorry for the late update! I have had writers block and I have been very busy with my friends and boyfriend. I apologize and will try to update more! This story was in 91 last time I checked so thank you so so much!

Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this short and overdue chapter.

Please message me some ideas because I am clueless as to what should happen next!

Thank you:)