•C h a p t e r F i v e•

*NOT EDITED, I REPEAT NOT EDITED

Please vote and comment!

///

"There's blood on your lies, the sky's open wide. There is nowhere for you to hind, the hunter's moon is shining." -Aurora

///

I run through the forest as fast as my legs will take me. I can hear his hot breath on my neck that encourages me to go faster. The adrenaline laced with fear that courses my bones like blood and the screaming wind is creating a rush that I can't consume.

I easily dodge in between trees and make sharp turns whilst my chaser has a more difficult time. I can hear his sharp intakes of breath as he races to capture me. This is his game of cat and mouse; he being the cat and I being the mouse. He expects to win but so do I.

Suddenly I find myself tripping over a large tree trunk which causes me to tumble down a hill. Tree branches scratch my body in hunger while rocks stab me with anger. I scream slightly as I continue to roll down the hill. My body jolts left and right at every obstacle down the way, that is until I suddenly colide with a tree that causes my head to scream in agony as my whole entire body burns in pain. I grunt slightly when I try to get up. Unfortunately it's too late and my chaser is standing over me with an evil smirk.

"Looks like you lost. Maybe next round you'll win."

This isn't just a simple game of cat and mouse anymore, it's a game of life and death..... And so far I'm loosing.

***

    I awaken with a gasp. My whole entire body is drenched in sweat. My heart is screaming like a wild beast in it's cage.

I look around and realize I am still outside, the trees are dark and moving slightly making them look like giants. The wind is soft and calm, it's still dark out meaning two things, I slept through the rest of the night and whole day or it's the same night. I slowly get up from the cold, and extremely uncomfortable ground.

I stretch my limbs before crouching down to shift, feeling the familiar cracking of bones and mixture of pain and pleasure before I am a beautiful, fiery red wolf.

I take off through the forest like a jet. My paws slam down on the ground like violent fist. I let my wolf guide us to the pack house where the whole entire party is still going. Everyone is still chattering with one another. I don't spot my mother nor Rowan which is good because those two will defiantly notice my disappearance.

For the remained of the party, nobody seemed to have noticed my disappearance which is good. I don't know how I could explain to them that I found my mate.

"Hey, I found my mate, he killed my father and is known as the killer along with his three malicious brothers." I don't think that is such a wise idea.

I shake my head of these silly thoughts to see Alana walking over to me.

"Hey where have you been Maddi?" Alana asks while tilting her head curiously causing her dirty blonde hair to tilt with her head.

Okay, maybe a few people notice. "I went for a small walk, why what did I miss?" I ask.

Alana stares at me closely. I know she doesn't believe me but thankfully she doesn't say anything about it. "Well, your obnoxious friend decided to devour all the cake and now your mother is going frantic and is calling every freaking bakery here."

I giggle at this, it literally puts my horrible mood into something bearable.

"Yeah." Alana says while laughing with me.

I decide to tell Alana that I found my mate and who he is. She's my cousin after all, and I can't take any chances with his nasty threat.

"Al, I need to talk to you alone." I say quietly while nudging her away from the crowd.

Alana looks at me in confusion before reluctantly following me. I lead her into the woods but this time stay close to the pack house.

"Ifoundmymate." I say extremely quick.

"What?" Alana ask. Her eyes are filled with eagerness, an eagerness that in less then a minute is going to vanish.

I sigh before saying it again, this time properly. "I found my mate." I watch her hazel eyes light up in happiness. Little does my older cousin know is that my mate is a monster.

"Who is he?" She asks trying to contain her excitement but failing miserably.

I shake my head and cast my eyes down to the dirt ground. This is a moment I have been dreading, the pain of telling people that my mate is the monster who is responsible for my fathers death, the destruction of my mother, and the emptiness of me.

I sigh softly before mustering up the courage and meeting her concerned eyes. "My mate is Alpha Jay Pierce."

///

Ugh, I hate Jay; (not really) but he is so irritating. I could stab him with a fork, but I won't.

Despite the mutual irritation for Jay can you guys please leave a vote and comment for Maddison?

I can't believe I am at 1k views already!!! You guys are amazing:) thank you so much!! I hope you all know that you mean the world to me:)

I've always decided to call you guys my challengers:) (get it HAHA-I'm lame.)

Thank you all!