•C h a p t e r T w e n t y E i g h t•

"Love is a battlefield. We fight for the right to express how we feel." ~Marina Kaye

Vote&Comment

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   T w e n t y   N i n e

///

My eyes flutter open, I'm blinded by the darkness which has me blinking numerous times to be able to see anything. The only light is from the moon that illuminates through the window. The moons light isn't bright therefore it doesn't help me see where I am.

My head pounds painfully making me wonder what happened. I apply pressure to the back of my head where the pounding is. I wince slightly at the harsh pain. I don't feel any liquid so I am assuming I didn't bleed and if I did it's all dried up. 

Everything from before I blacked out is all very foggy. I know that Leva transformed me and that Alana and Ella were there. I remember an invasion from Jay but I don't recall every making contact with him? Or maybe I did...

"The confusion etched on your face brings me so much satisfaction." A deep voice says through the darkness. I jump in fright at the voice. Unwanted shivers cascade down my back at the familiar voice.

"How did you find me?" My voice comes out cold and hoarse; most likely from my lack of fluids.

"Easy, your plan was predicted in certain ways. I, of course felt the pain of you dying but it didn't make sense, you're the only female alpha for a reason, I knew there was no way you were dead. So, I had some of my pack members scout out your area. Nobody saw you but they did see your beloved cousin talking to a woman that appeared to be a witch. You weren't very sneaky with your actions, faking a death? How cliche of you. Now, your transformation that was clever but not clever enough. Witches aren't commonly known, I was shocked that you could summon one to do your dirty work but then it dawned on me. You must've known this witch," Jay pauses and I can hear his footsteps advance towards me. It causes annoyance to rile within me but I hold it back due to the eagerness that is consuming me. His observations are very well thought out and pretty spot on.

"this witch was very easy to put a name to. Leva Snow, very powerful high priestess. I am not surprised that you would do anything in your power to get away from me, what surprises me is that you actually thought you would be able to escape me. You see, I've been playing games since I was a little pup, I have had practice upon practice, I am skilled, more skilled than you. Although I must say you are a very interesting opponent. I mean bringing a witch into the mix? How clever of you." Jays voice is drenched in mockery which really gets under my skin.

"Mockery isn't very cute darling, but what is cute is that it took you so long to find me." I mock back.

Jay chuckles humorlessly. "Time is an asset, there was never a timer in the round." 

"Perhaps not, but you played this round very boldly." I point out with a devious smirk. I hate that my demeanor changes when I am around him, it's as if I am a whole new person.

"Maybe so, but I won in the end." Jay says, I can hear the smirk in his voice which causes more annoyance to grow within me.

"Until the next round." I say with a small smile.

"No, there will be no next round. I have won this game all together. You no longer have a pack to go home to. They all are scattered throughout different packs, it was inevitable. Your old pack is destroyed and gone, the land has been claimed, among with pack members. The game is over Emma." Jay says in a hard tone.

I feel the air being swept from underneath me as if it's a rug. My brain goes into overdrive with questions. But the thing I feel the most is anger, anger towards this male for taking something so special away from me.

"How could you?" I seethe. Suddenly, a light is turned on and I can see Jay perfectly. His dark hair is messy and all over the place on his head. His eyes are bloodshot and are decorated with bags underneath. He wears a black t-shirt with some black basketball shorts. Jay is tired, I can see it in his eyes and his body.

"It is best, trust me." Jay says while running a hand down his face.

"How did you know my name?" I ask with narrowed eyes. I wanted to divert the conversation away from the pack business. My mind and heart still hasn't accepted the simple fact that I no longer am an alpha, only by blood. I no longer have a pack to run, a family to love.

"I got answers from your cousin in sake of allowing her to take her baby to the hospital wing. You should be thankful I didn't slaughter her and her child." Jay says in an arrogant tone.

"That's your problem! You think you can just destroy everyone in your path! It doesn't work that way, one day you'll drive everyone out and be left with nobody." I exclaim.

Jay's face etches into pain but he quickly masks it. "I already have nobody." He says bitterly.

I feel my heart crack at his words. My face morphs into sadness, this male isn't angry, he's sad. "Jay." I trail off as I watch him carefully. His face is scrunched up in pain and I can see that this is eating him alive.

"You're lonely."

///

Awh..... Poor Jay, anyways here is the update! Emma and Jay moment...

We need a ship. Jemma? Jayma?

What're your thoughts on everything? 

How are you guys enjoying CTA?!

Vote&Comment

CTA is 73!!!! YAY.

Thank you!