•C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e•

"So could you tell me how you're sleeping easy, how you're only thinking of yourself. Show me how you justify, telling all your lies like second nature."

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a

C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e

///

I watch Kloe carefully as she smirks at Rowan's words. Kloe's presence makes me uncomfortable and something about her doesn't settle nicely within.

"So, how did you two meet?" I ask with a smirk.

"Oh," Kloe says with a fake smile, "Rowan and his pack were looking for a place to stay and I was hunting so I suggested this place."

I snarl at her attempt to aggravate me. "My pack, Rowan isn't even beta, he's a gamma."

Kloe's fake smile falters and is replaced with an annoyed scowl. "What do you mean? He said he was your beta."

I smirk at her. "Ah, I see Rowan has mentioned me?" I say, catching them in their lies.

Guilt is written all over Rowan's face while Kloe looks mortified. Good, serves you right.

"This is my pack, I earned it and if anyone wants to take it away they can feel free to challenge me." I say in a daring tone.

I watch Rowan's she-wolf closely as she eyes me up and down carefully. I can already see what's coming from a mile away.

"I challenge you the alpha position." Kloe says with her head raised. I give her credit for bravery but that credit breaks in half as she eyes me wickedly.

"I accept." With that I lunge at her unexpectedly.

Kloe is caught of guard as we land on the ground with me on top of her. My nails dig into her flesh on her wrist as I restrain her tightly. This battle won't be till death, but will be until submission.

Kloe whimpers and squirms underneath me. She doesn't show her neck but it's coming. I snarl in her face and send a punch to her face. She lets out a cry of pain as I send two more to her face. Blood drips down her nose and smears onto my hand as I grip her face in my hand.

"Submit." I sneer.

"Never!" She says while trying to sound strong but in reality she sounds weak and terrified.

I get off her and wait for her to stand up on her two feet again. I want her to fight me, although this can be an easy battle. I want to make her pay.

Kloe tries lunging at me but I easily side step her which results in her only attacking the ground. I snicker at her causing a low growl to emit from her mouth.

"Are you done playing?" I ask in a mockery tone.

She roars in anger and lunges at me and sends both of us toppling onto the ground. With my quick reflexes I end up on top of her which causes her to huff in frustration.

Kloe must have grown tired of this and shows her neck in submission.

I don't get off her, I grab her small face and bring it close to my face. "Don't you ever challenge me again or else I'll slaughter you."