•C h a p t e r T h i r t y REWRITE*

"I'll find a reason for us." -Andy Black

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   T h i r t y

Wow! We hit thirty! Thank you all so much for being on this incredible journey with me:)

Major CliffHanger (You've been warned)
Rewrite:

///

My mother smiles softly at me. I am paralyzed in my spot, it's as if I am a tree rooted to the ground, unable to move. My mother looks just like she did the day I left her. Her hair is in a perfect bun, her eyes are as blue as the sky, her face is perfectly clear, not a sign of a wrinkle. Her lips form a smile that reveals her pearly whites. My mother wears a white blouse with lace on the shoulders along with a pair of black skinny jeans. My mother looks so put together that it's odd.

"Mom? Why are you here?" I ask with narrowed eyes. Where was she during the attack on my pack-our pack?

"Jay told me to come with him and that he would keep me safe, therefore I did." My mother says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"What about the pack? What about your family?" I accusingly ask.

"Your're my family Maddi." My mother says with her smile still intact.

"No, they're your family as well, and my name is Emma now." I snap angrily.

"Sweetie, they were never my family. They were always yours and your fathers. Not mine, I never wanted to be Luna, but I knew it was forbidden against the Moon-Goddess to go against her wishes and reject your father." My mother says with a heavy sigh.

My blood boils at my mothers word. Her words slice into me like a knife cutting lettuce. "You fool! Dad was a good man, you don't deserve him with your nasty words. Your basically saying that you stayed with my father because you were afraid of the Moon-Goddess's wrath! What a coward." I sneer in distaste.

My mother's smile vanishes and is replaced with a scowl. "Watch it, your still my pup." My mother warns.

"Oh, playing the mom card are we? Where were you when I was leading the pack on my own at fourteen? Where were you when I encountered my first war? Where were you when I was sick? Depressed? You have no right to play the mom card, especially because it was never dealt to you!" I growl, enraged with my mother.

My mother steps forward and narrows her eyes at me. "Child, you have no right to speak to me with such disrespect. Regardless of the past I am here now and that is all that matters."

I smile at my mother sadly. "No mother, the thing is you're here now but I don't need you anymore."

My mother's face turns into a shocked expression. Her mouth is ajar and her eyes are wide. My mother looks so shocked that it's as if someone told her I was dead. "Yeah, truth hurts doesn't it." I sneer in disgust.

I back away from my mother and look at her bitterly. "This is on you, your choices effect us all mother. You choose to leave me when I needed you the most, now I know how to fend alone, I don't need you anymore, I haven't any use for you. You can go back to wherever you were before, but let me make it clear, you are to never come near me again." I say as I lean into my mothers face.

I back away and narrow my eyes at her before looking to Jay who is standing there silently. His face is hard and emotionless as always. For a moment I almost forgot he was standing there and witnessed my mother's and I fight.