•C h a p t e r S e v e n t e e n•

"Don't live in the past for you have already been there."

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a

C h a p t e r S e v e n t e e n

///

Jay's eyes narrow into mine. I can tell he's pondering thoughts in this moment. The tension in the air is thick and almost suffocating. This male is angry that I didn't do what he wanted, but how could he; my mate, want me to die? Sure, I don't think he's the bright Crayon in the crayon box but I don't wish death upon him.

"Maddison, you tend to do everything I wish for you not to do. It's almost as if you're playing me." Jay wonders out loud.

"That's ridiculous. This is your game, I thought you made it pretty clear who controls it." I point out.

Jay nods slowly before bringing his fingers to his forehead and rubbing slightly. His eyes are shut and he's clenching his jaw. "What am I to do with you?"

"Let me go." I growl out.

Jay's eyes snap open and blaze into mine. Fire dances in his eyes as he narrows them at me. "Don't be stupid."

I glare at him and begin to unhook myself from the machines. I pull the IV out with no hesitation. Once I had everything unhooked I lunge at Jay who wasn't prepared. We collide onto the ground wish a harsh thud. I allow my wolf to surface and my claws to extend out of my hands. My smooth skin is replaced with fur and sook enough I allow my wolf to shift my whole body. My bones crack and snap and twist in every direction until I am a wolf.

I snarl into his angry face as I swipe my claw on his face. Jay gets angry and uses his full strength to shove me off; causing me to go flying across the room. I collide with the wall making my wolf whimper slightly.

Jay shifts instantly and lunges at me. He lands on top of my and bites into my neck and sinks into my neck until blood draws. I struggle under his huge weight and bulky form as his fangs continue to destroy my neck. Adrenaline suddenly pumps within me and I growl thunderously before I twist onto my back and use my hind legs and claw at his under belly. Jay falls over and I take this opportunity to pounce on him. Unfortunately Jay predicts this and shoves me with his hind legs before proceeding to stand on them. I go on my hind legs and we nip and snap at each other as we try to shove one another down. My hind legs slowly begin to weaken as the fight goes on.

Jay notices and unexpectedly goes onto all four legs and head butts my stomach making the wind knock out of me. I am left on the ground panting for air and struggling to move at all.

Jay growls and sinks his teeth into my neck. I know what he's doing, he wants me to submit. So I do, I show my neck more; a sign of submission.

Once I show my submission Jay releases my neck and shifts into his human form. His naked body is drenched in sweat causing him to look thirty times more attractive than before.

"Shift." His cold voice commands. His dark eyes are sharp and narrowed, they're hollow and so lifeless.

I obey him and allow the shift to take over. Once my fur is replaced with bruised skin Jay walks over to me and grips my chin roughly. "You ever try to do that again, I will destroy you." Jay sneers.