•C h a p t e r T w e n t y F o u r•

"I've been standing here my whole life, everything I've seen twice. Now it's time I realize it's spinning back around now, on this road in crawling, safe me cause I'm falling!"

Wow! CTA is 76 in the what's hot list!! Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a

C h a p t e r T w e n t y F o u r

///

Faking a death isn't easy, in fact it's rather difficult. Many presume it's as simple and vanishing and leaving a little blood splashed in the scene, maybe it's that simple for humans, but for werewovles it's more complex, a pack can feel a connection to one another, we can feel someone die if close enough, but for a mate it's different. Once you meet your mate you could be miles apart and will feel their death, their pain.

Luckily, Alana and I grew up with a family who had an open mind to communicating with other creatures.

Witches, that is our key. Alana and I were very close with a young witch when we were pups. The witch is named Leva, a now very powerful witch.

Leva and I lost touch over the years but her and Alana didn't.

I watch Alana pace the back yard with her cellphone in her hand held up to her ear. Her face shapes into relief which is when I assume Leva answered.

"Leva, it's me Alana," she pauses, "yes I am okay, I have a huge favor," once again she pauses, "yes, okay, I need help with Maddison, it's a long story but we need to fake her death."

Alana says nothing else just nods quickly and hangs up her phone. "Well?" I ask.

"She said she will come right now, she knows a way." Relief washes over me at this. This is going to be very difficult and scary for me. I am faking my death to not only my mate but to my pack. A wave of guilt hits me as I process this. My pack is going to be so upset and devastated that they won't be on their A game when it comes to fighting off Jay's pack. I can't afford anyone to die.

"Alana, I think we should tell the pack members of our plan, if we don't they won't be focused on fighting, they'll be upset about my death." I point out.

Alana nods suggestively, "Sounds good to me but,"

"But?" I ask.

"But what if someone breaks and spills the plan?" Alana asks worriedly."

"Trust is all I can say."

I have faith in my pack, I have loved them, trained them, protected them, corrected them when wrong, I have been their leader and as my loyal followers I know they'll have my back.

"Trust can sometimes be over seen." Alana says in a small voice.

"What're you proposing we do? It's not like we can not tell them." I say in a harsher voice than I intended.

"We threaten, they tell we banish them." Alana says coldly. I am surprised by my cousin cold demeanor.

"How's your baby?" I ask diverting the conversation away from the topic at hand.

Alana's face immediately brightens and any trance of coldness vanishes. "She's wonderful! Her name is EllaLena, but I plan on calling her Ella for short." Alana says giddily.

"That's a beautiful name, what made you want to name her that?" I ask curiously.

"I wanted Ella, Bryce wanted Lena after his mother, so we compromised on this and decided that Ella will be her dominant name." My cousin explains.