•C h a p t e r E i g h t e e n•

"It's the same game, and I need someone to light a spark."

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a
C h a p t e r E i g h t e e n

///

"You choose their fate, the fate of your loved ones. Whether they die or live," Jay pauses and looks me right in the eye, "Either Rowan dies or your pack members."

My heart drops instantly at his cruel words. My eyes begin to water as I look to Rowan who's mouth is open in shock.

"No!" I cry out while frantically shaking my head. "I can't do such thing, there is no way. Please don't make me do this Jay!" I plea while looking at my mate desperately.

"Choose Maddison, or I will." Jay's cold voice demands.

I then in that moment realize that my mate doesn't care about me. In fact, he hates me, I am just a burden to him. A fault, a curse.

"Kill me instead." I say without thinking.

Rowan shakes his frantically. "No!"

"Quite mutt," Jay snaps while eyeing Rowan carefully. "Now why would I kill you? My mate? You're my star player!" Jay says while looking at me as if I have grown two heads.

"Someone needs to die in order for you game to go on, why not me?" I ask while taking a deep breath. I know what I am doing, I am sacrificing my life for my lover and my pack members.

"You really don't want either of the options to die?" Jay asks with a wicked gleam in his eyes.

"Please, I don't." I plea while allowing tears to fall. I look into Jay's eyes and I swear I saw them soften for a fraction of a second.

"Okay, I will make a deal. Your wolves and your mutt can go, but you stay and you live with me in submission for the rest of our life. Your mutts will become rogues and after they leave my land they can do whatever they want." Jay smirks as I begin to process his words. I can't believe him, he's got me in a corner. If I accept my pack would be without an alpha, I would lose my freedom, but if I don't they die or Rowan dies.

"I accept." I say in defeat.

"No! Maddison choose me!" Rowan begins to shout frantically. He tries to run to me but suddenly a guard that I wasn't aware of grabbed his arms and yanked him back.

"Can I say goodbye to him?" I ask Jay nervously.

Jay begins to shake his head but rethinks and slowly nods. "Let the mutt go." Jay demands his guard.

I rush over to Rowan and engulf him in a tight hug. I hear low growls emit from Jay but I could care less.

Rowan's arms tighten around me as he softly whispers in my ear, "I'll be back for you."

I pull away and see only one thing in his eyes... Determination. "Be careful, and please watch out for the pack." I whisper softly. I am sure Jay can hear me and this causes my plan to become tricky. "Also, don't come back for me. I am stuck here forever." I say while looking into Rowan's eyes. He begins to object but he slowly looks into my eyes and realizes what I am saying.

"Yes, alpha." Rowan says as he bows his head.

"Goodbye Rowan." I say while doing my best to keep my tears at bay. Rowan's eyes begin to water and before he can say anything else a guard is dragging him out of the dark room.

"Happy?" I ask while spinning around to face Jay. His eyes are hard and cold as always which makes my stomach turn. "I hate you so much! You've ruined me alpha!" I stop and take a breath as tears roll down my face like an endless river.

Jay doesn't say anything as he watches me break down before him.

"Aren't you the mighty alpha? Destroying me inside and out! Don't you realize I will never want you! Nothing about you appeals to me." I scream at him.

Jay doesn't do anything nor say anything. Just watches me like a coward. My hate for him instesifies at this. I want him to yell, scream, something!

"Say something you coward!" I scream.

Jay's eyes narrow instantly at me and in a blink of an eye he is right in front of me gripping my chin roughly. "Quit being a child and grow up. I have you a choice and you choose which one."

I glare at him before his fist connects with my face making the wind knock out of me. My face screams in agony at the harsh contact. I look at Jay mortified that he hit me for the second time.

Why is my mate a monster?

///

Short chapter but I am literally half asleep while writing this, I'll probably edit and add on more tomorrow.

So I got a tooth pulled (adult) and they gave me some drug that makes me sleepy and that's what I am, sleepy.... My mouth was numb but isn't anymore and I got stitches in my mouth which are super annoying.

Anyways please vote and comment and pray for me and my tooth that will be killing me. If I don't update tomorrow it's cause of my tooth.

Thank you.