•C h a p t e r T w e n t y S i x•

"I'll be here waiting, hope and praying that, the sky will guide you home. When you're feeling lost I'll leave my love, hidden in the sun for when the darkness comes."

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vote&Comment!

Goal: 40 votes

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a

C h a p t e r T w e n t y F i v e

///

Pain is inevitable, there's no way to escape it. Somethings that seem painful are surprisingly not, like death. Death wasn't painful, it was calming and quick. It was as if it never happened and I was dead all along. My life didn't flash before my eye, I just died. My heart stopped beating and my mind and body quit working.

"Why isn't she waking up?" A panicked voice asks.

"Patience Alana, this is all up to her. Whether she wants to wake up now or later, she will wake up." A familiar voice soothes my panicked cousin.

I pry my eyes open that feel like glue was holding them down. I have to blink a few times to get used to the light from the room. The room is cold and quite bland. Beige walls, few paintings, a vase of flowers on the nightstand to my right and to my left a lamp is perched on the nightstand.

"Where am I?" I ask. My voice comes out very hoarse and dry. My throat feels like a freakin desert!

"You're at Leva's in Snow City." Alana says while stroking my forehead. Her left arm holds a tiny baby who I assume is Ella.

"Why are we here? Why is Ella here? What about the pack?" I ask nervously.

Leva chuckles and holds up her right hand. "Easy, you're here because it's safer for now. We can't risk Jay finding you until I do the transformation spell. Alana and Ella are here because we don't know how long it will be until you're ready to return to your normal ways. You died, so did your wolf. Now I revived both of you but I don't know if she is awakened yet."

I go into the back of my mind and dig around for my wolf. Her sleeping form is so calm and beautiful. She looks at peace for once, so young and innocent. She reminds me of a pup.

"She's sleeping but looks so different." I mumble.

"She looks reborn?" Leva asks with a small smile. I'm surprised at how easy she put it into words.

"Yeah, reborn." I say.

"Jay hasn't declared war or anything but he has visited your pack and he looks really rough Maddi." Leva says in a soft voice.

The thought of Jay hurt doesn't feel as good as I thought it would. In fact it feels awful, knowing that my mate is in pain.

"We have to do the spell for transforming now before it's too late. You died once, I will never do that spell on you again. I already messed with the hands of the moon, I won't play with life and death on you again." Leva explains with narrowed eyes.

"But she just woke up!" Alana protests.

"Doesn't matter, it's now or never." Leva says in a stern tone.

"Now." I say automatically.

Leva nods and sits on the edge of the bed. "Listen, you won't loose your mind, you won't loose your memory or anything like that. You will simply be loosing your appearance and name. Everything else will stay in tact." Leva explains.

"Do I get to choose what I look like?" I ask hopefully.

To my surprise Leva giggles and nods. "Yes, you can. You can also choose your new name."

I begin to picture myself carefully. I've always wanted brown hair and the same blue eyes I have now, and a tall, slim frame.

I explain what I want to Leva. Alana and Leva were surprised with my choice but they both thought I would look great.

"Okay, are you ready Maddi?" Leva asks as she helps me stand up from the bed. I'm wearing a grey tank-top and a pair of black sweatpants which is odd because I don't recall changing but I guess one of the girls did.

"Yes, I am." I say with a bright smile.

"Goodbye Maddison May Holt, you lived a good life full of excitment but now it's time for a new adventure, time for a new beginning. Hello E-," Before Leva can explain a slam of a door causes her to cease.

My blood runs cold at the familiar scent that begins to clog my nose.

That smell that caused everything that is happening.

Jay.

///

Jay found her! Haha! Did you guys really think it would be easy and that he would give up? Remember how notorious and wise he is!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am so thankful for each and every one of you! You guys are seriously the best!

CTA is #74 on the What's Hot List!

Thank you, so so so so so much!

Please continue to show support! Maybe if I get 50 votes and 20 comments I'll do a chapter in Jay's point of view! (Or anyone else you want to see)