•C h a p t e r N i n e•

"Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime." -Celine Dion

C h a l l e n g i n g T he A l p h a

C h a p t e r N i n e

///

Our lips move in sync so perfectly that it's almost too good to be true. There aren't any fireworks or explosions, that only happens in movies but info feel happy. I feel as if I'm on cloud nine as our lips move in sync. His hands are gripping my face tightly-almost as if I would disappear. Rowan swipes his tongue on my lower lip asking for entrance which I deny at first but allow when he squeezes my face firmly. His tongue explores my mouth as if it's his own. It sweeps over the roof of my mouth and on the insides of my cheek. It returns to my tongue and battles it for dominance which I lose due to a heavy moan that escapes my mouth.

Rowan's lips attack my neck causing a loud moan to erupt my mouth. He nibbles and sucks on my neck as I tilt it to the opposite side to give him more room. He stops and gently pushes me on my back on his bed. He hovers over me and slowly begins grinding on me. My body reacts with a jolt and my hips jolt up to meet his as we grind. His mouth latches onto my neck as he sucks on it; definitely leaving love bites.

"Rowan." I moan as his hands go under my shirt and slowly creeps up toward my breasts. He kneads them through my bra causing my legs to stiffen in pleasure.

"We should stop." Rowan says as he straddles me and stares into my eyes deeply. As much as I want to deny it he's right, it's wrong to do so right now.

Our breathing is labored as we watch the first five minutes of a random movie on Netflix. We lay side by side on his bed. Rowan doesn't touch me in any way and neither do I because if we do we'll be back at it again.

After the movie is over I turn to Rowan. "That was a lame movie." I giggle as the movie credits roll down the screen.

Rowan stares at me with amusement before sitting crisscross on his bed in front of my lying down form. "What're you thinking?"

I'm taken back by his sudden question.

"What do you mean?" I ask with a small head tilt.

"What's going on through your mind?" Rowan repeats.

"I'm thinking about how dangerous this is and how this isn't going to end well. You're going to get hurt Rowan." I say with a pained expression on my face.

Rowan's eyes soften visibly before he strokes my cheek with his left hand. His cool fingertips send shivers down my spine as they make contact with my overheated face. "You have nothing to worry about Maddi, I will be okay, you will be okay, we all will be okay." Rowan says, continuing to stroke my cheek.

I allow my mind to process what he said and to believe it. I will always have a twinge of doubt but I need to trust Rowan. "Thank you Row." I say while transitioning into a sitting position.

Rowan chuckles and gets off his bed before going into his bathroom. I stare at him curiously as his back stiffens-due to the fact that he can sense my stare.

He comes out moments later with no shirt on revealing his six pack of heavenly abs and a pair of boxer briefs which are hanging dangerously low on his well defined hips that reveal a thick v-line. I'm pretty sure I am drooling at the heavenly God that stands before me.

"Done drooling?" Rowan's voice snaps me out of my staring fest.

I blush intensely at his words. A feeling of embarrassment washes over me knowing that he caught me staring at his body. "Sorry." I squeak out.

Rowan does nothing but chuckle before laying down on his bed. He's facing me and staring into my eyes. "Are you okay?" Rowan asks.

"Yeah?" I say more as a question.

"I mean about the whole Jay thing." Rowan says in a deep and very strained voice. I can tell Rowan doesn't like speaking of my mate, I don't blame him, I hate the thought of him let alone speaking of him.

"I'm as okay as someone would be." I respond in a dull tone.

"I'm sorry Maddi." Rowan sympathetically says.

I shake my head and wave my hands in dismissal.

"I don't want to talk about him please." I plead.

Rowan understands and nods his head as he grabs his Ps4 controller and begins to randomly scroll through Netflix. The silence is suffocating for me but doesn't seem to be affecting him in any way. I avert my attention to the bed sheets as I grow tired of him looking at every single movie description that has action on it.

Typical male. I giggle internally.

I grow tired of sitting and decide to lay down on his bed but face away from him and allow darkness to claim me.

**

You're now a player in this twisted game, oh won't you play in my game? I'll beat you once, beat you twice, never let you see the light.

Don't obey the rules of the game, your loved ones will pay. May it be in teared up flesh? Nasty players to your left.

Oh won't you play this game? Even if you go insane? Play my game, oblige my rules but even still you'll surely lose.

///

Shorter chapter and also a filler but we got some more Maddi and Rowan action! Just a tad bit heated;)

ATTENTION ATTENTION!

I am coming out with a new story and I would love if you guys took the time to read it:) it's called 'The King's Girl'

So I'm sorry if it wasn't very descriptive but I'm a fifteen year old girl who literally just had her first kiss today:)

Anyways, please vote and comment for Maddi and Rowan and maybe myself;) we all appreciate the support!!

Have a wonderful day/night my challengers:)

Xxxxxxx