•C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n•

"And I might have thought that we were one. Wanted to fight this war without weapons." -Sia

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   T h i r t e e n

///

I obey Jay like the good little she-wolf he wants. Jay walks out of the bathroom with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Glad you listened, wolfy." There he goes with the strange nickname. I am seriously going to whack him upside his head with a golf club.

'Why not hit him with a baseball bat?' My wolf asks.

'Where have you been?' I screech to her.

'Healing you idiot.' My wolf snaps and cuts me out.

Rude bïtch.

"Maddison?" Jay's voice brings me back to reality.

"Yes?" I ask sweetly while batting  my eyelashes.

"Are you alright? You're scaring me." Jay says with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes?" I say more as a question.

"Okay," Jay pauses and watches me closely before smiling at me, "that's good! Would you like to visit Rowan?" The question causes my heart to stop beating and my eyes to widen. Is he serious or is this a prank? This is surely a prank, or a sick joke.

"That's cruel, even for you." I snap while looking down at the ground.

Jay advances toward me and uses his middle finger and index finger to lift up my chin. "I'm not joking." Oh?

"S-so you'll take me to Rowan and the others?" I ask nervously while wringing my hands together.

"Yes Maddison, I already said that? Are you going to repeat everything I said? 'Cause if that's the case I don't think we will have many conversations." Jay says in irritation. Oh that would be heavenly.

"Sorry, sir." I mutter while looking everywhere but him.

"Sir? I'm not forty Maddison, please quit being formal, call me alpha." Jay says with a huff. Alpha? Because that's not formal at all.

"Yes, alpha." I say against my will. It takes everything in me to not rip his head off.

You're doing this for your freedom and the others.

You're doing this for your freedom and the others. I chant this in my head.

"Shall we?" Jay asks while walking towards his door that exits his room. I fiddle with my shirt and nod eagerly while basically skipping to him.

Jay grabs my wrist and drags me, once again, down the stairs and past the curious pack members. So word has gotten out that I'm Luna, I assume. They no longer glare just stare at me with curiousness. If only they knew I wasn't their Luna and I would soon be their alpha.

Jay drags me down a flight of dark, and cold cement stairs. We stop in front of a door that is wooden and has bars in a small box shaped at the top of the door. "Let me in." Jay demands.

In a heartbeat the door is opened and reveals a very masculine male dressed in armor. He has a curious look on his face making me roll my eyes.

"Another prisoner?" The guard asks while assessing  my body head to toe.

"No, step aside." Jay says while pushing the guard out of the way. What was the point of saying step out of the way if he was going to shover past him? I wonder.

The place we are in is where all the cells are. It's dark and cold down here. There's some light illuminating of the wall but not much. There is no windows down here, no fresh air. The stench of death and blood hits my nose causing my blood to run cold. I swear, if anything happens to my pack members I will slaughter Jay.

We walk down the isle. I notice some evil eyes watching me as if I'm they're prey. None of these people are my pack. "Where are they?" I ask impatiently.

Jay doesn't say anything just continues down the isle until we reach a turn. At the turn more cells are lined up. I spot Rowan instantly and break free of Jay's grip and rush over to Rowan's cell. I touch the bars and it makes a sizzling noise and stings me. I jump back with a yelp.

"It's laced with wolfsbane." Jay says from beside me.

I nod curtly and look at Rowan's bruised and battered form. His eyes are empty and hollow as he looks at me. "Maddi cat, how nice to see you." Rowan jokes while squinting slightly.

"Row." I whisper brokenly. I turn to my mate an stare at him pleadingly. "Please Jay, let them go."

Jay snorts and chuckles darkly. "Do you peg me as a fool? I won't do such thing."

I feel my heart shatter and a sudden coldness sweeps over me. "I hate you." I spat while pressing my forehead to Rowan's cell. The stinging sensation pains me but I don't care, I've been through worse.

Jay grabs my shoulders and pulls me off the cell bars and rubs my forehead gently. "Fine, only this one." Jay unlocks the cell and I immediately scamper into his cell where I'm embraced tightly.

Quickly after I'm ripped away from Rowan and am held by a growling Jay. Rowan chuckles and stands up slowly. He staggers slightly and sways but I break away from Jay and let him lean on me. "He needs a pack doctor Jay." I say softly.

Jay nods curtly before leading Rowan and I to the pack doctor.

Something is up, Jay is being too nice. What is his motives?

What is he planning?

///

I decided to keep the point of view the same as before. So there will not be a Jay's POV, maybe at the end of the story.

Chapter thirteen! Finally we hit the teens:)

So, Jay is being kind? Uhm something seems fishy (no it's not your legs darling) KIDDING.

Anyways, please vote and comment and follow me! I'll follow you back!