•C h a p t e r T w e l v e•

"Hunt goes on, deep in the night. Time to pray, down on your knees. You can't hide, from the, eternal light." Alex C

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   T w e l v e

///

I awaken with a startled gasp. My heart beats erratically as unfamiliar smells hit my nostrils. Honey and pine all in one swarm my senses.

I panic as I take in my surroundings, realizing that this isn't my room nor Rowan's. Memories from last night flood my brain like tidal waves.

Jay won, and I suddenly was knocked out.

What happened to Rowan? Bryce? Everyone else? Where are they! Thoughts run around in my head as I think harder of last nights events.

I look around the vacant room. There's no light forecasting from a window, no dresser for clothing, no desk, nothing. Just the bed with white sheets that are covering me. The bed is very uncomfortable and the sheets are thin allowing cold air to latch onto my skin like a leech. I look around the room and see two doors, one is most likely a bathroom and the other is an exit. Not bothering with the bathroom I creep my way over to the exit. I'm thankful that the wooden floors don't groan as I walk across it. I hesitantly touch the cold door knob before gently and slowly twist it. The door cracks open and makes a small noise but it's not too loud. I peek out the door and see that there's a long hallway. Left is dark and haunting looking and right is bright and seems safe.

I begin to walk in the right direction. I take in my surroundings of the hallway. Windows show me the outside which is dark and gloomy telling me it's night.

How long have I been asleep? I wonder.

The forest is so close to the house that I could squeal. I stop at a large window that is slightly cracked open. I look to the ground and realize I am pretty close to the ground and could easily jump. I begin to climb the window slowly and quietly.

"Don't even think about it Maddison." A dark voice whispers in my ear. I begin to lunge out the window but strong hands pull me back. I trash in his hands as sparks ignite.

"Let me go Jay." I seethe as I continue to struggle.

"Would you quit." Jay growls out in annoyance. He tosses me into a wall making my head slam into it pretty roughly. I look up at him and glare daggers at him. "What the hëll you jerk!" I screech.

Jay rolls his eyes and crosses his arms over his naked chest. I realize he's only wearing sweatpants that are hanging dangerously low revealing his sharp v-line. "Quit drooling Maddison." His cocky voice says bringing me out of my trance.

"Please, as if I would be staring at you." I sneer in utter disgust. The thought of Jay and I ever being together makes my stomach twist and turn in disgust but sadly the mate bond makes it sound appealing in my soul. 

"I'm good looking and you and I both know it Maddison." Jay smirks while puffing his chest out.

I roll my eyes at him and struggle to pull myself ip of the ground. Once I'm on my feet Jay grips my arms roughly as he drags me down a flight of steps. He's walking really fast causing me to trip slightly. Luckily I catch myself on him as we descend down the stairs. I find myself cowering away from Jay's glaring pack members. Their eyes are filled in disgust as Jay drags me through what appears to be the living room.