•Chapter Thirty Four•

It's been a year since Alana left to go look for Bryce and travel the world, a year since she left her daughter with me, a year since we erased Ella's memories. A year since Ella was kidnapped by my mother. A year since my mother and Rowan died. A year doesn't seem like a long time but it truly is.

The relationship between Jay and I has been weakened even more with Ella in the picture. Jay is harsh on the young girl while I am lenient on her. Jay is even cruel with Ella sometimes, although that little girl has managed to put more smiles on his face that anyone ever could. Ella keeps us together, if it wasn't for her I would be long gone. Jay is a puzzle with many missing pieces, and for some reason I feel like I have to build those pieces and I shouldn't have to do that. A part of me despite everything wants to stay with him, but that's a small portion of me, the other large portion wants to be freed of this beast.

To love someone who doesn't love themselves is a challenge, a far bigger challenge than I want to pursue. I won't love him, I don't love him. I could never love a beast, especially this one. It amazes me that someone so beautiful can be so ugly.

"Mommy, mommy!" A frightened voice exclaims while barreling into my room. I look at Ella in confusion as she pants heavily.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Jay is angry and is coming!" Ella exclaims with wide eyes.

As if on cue footsteps are heard a few feet away from the doorway. I turn to my daughter who is scared out of her mind. "Ella go in your room and stay until I come and get you." I say to Ella. She obeys and uses the door that connects our rooms.

Ella's door slams and Jay walks in with anger radiating off him. What now? His panties are always in a twist.

"This is all your fault." Jay snarls.

I look at Jay in pure confusion. This male is so confusing. "What?"

"You caused the da*mn pack to get angry at me for hitting you, who told them anyways?" Jay said with accusation evident in his voice.

The pack knows Jay hit me? How? I only told a few people.. Oh.. "It wasn't me." I say while sighing.

"Bull sh*it, don't lie to me Emma or there will be consequences." Jay threatens.

"I'm not lying Jay! What consequences? You going to yell at me? Hit me?" I taunt in anger. My rage takes over and words spill out of my mouth. "You don't seem to understand that we have a daughter together, and that may not mean sh*it to you, but it does to me! You need to shape up and get your act together and quit being a di*ck to everyone around you. I'm so close to leaving you."

With the mention of me leaving him Jay sobers up and the rage vanishes. I know it's not because he doesn't want to loose me, he doesn't want to loose a luna. "Don't act all scared.'' I sneer.

"You will not leave me Emma, I won't allow it." Jay says harshly. The venom in his voice makes my skin shiver, I hate how much affect he has on me.

"Why! Why can't I leave? All we do is fight, and fight and fight. I can't do this anymore." I exclaimed. My eyes begin to water slightly at the rush of emotions hitting my body.

Jay's eyes harden at me but soften the slightest bit. "Okay, I am going to explain something to you, do you remember when I told you my parents where dead yet you met my mother?"

I look at him in confusion until it hits me. Jay does have a mother! Yet, he said his family is six feet under. Why?

"Yes, I remember." I said thoughtfully.

"Ashley is my step-mother, she has been since my mother and father passed. I never understood why she took me in until she told me what I had, what I was doomed with." Jay said in a hard voice.

What could he be doomed with?

"Doomed?" I said as if it was foreign.

"I was cursed by the MoonGoddess herself. I don't remember why, but I did something terrible when I was young, Ashley won't tell me but I know that if I find out I can get better and the curse will be broken." Jay said with a deep sigh.

"What was the curse?" I asked while standing up from the bed and walking over to him until I was right in front of him.

"The demon curse."

///

What? Wasn't expecting that? All will be explained next chapter :) Also, Jay and Emma will slowly be getting closer, if I am going too fast let me know KINDLY.

ALSOOOOOOO, if you don't like this book fine, don't comment your distaste for it. I am so sick and tired of getting hate. Yes, the ending was sloppy, I fixed it didn't I?

Yes, there are plot holes, I fixed some of them.

Enough with the hate, I nearly deleted this story because it was getting so bad. Now, I understand the difference between constructive criticism and hate but I don't think some of you do.

Dedicated to these people who do know what it is and kindly told me ways to better my story. Thank you guys so much!

NeverLands12

justuseurimagination

please_repeat15

Please vote and comment :) Also, if there are major plot holes that need to be fixed let me know, unless it involves Emma and Jay's relationship because I know that already.

Thank you, Challengers.