•C h a p t e r F i f t e e n•

"I'm more than just a picture, I'm a daughter and a sister."

C h a l l e n g i n g   T h e   A l p h a

C h a p t e r   F i f t e e n

///

Days have passed and I have been cooped up in my room that Jay has given me. I haven't seen nor heard from Rowan and to be honest its nerve wracking being kept in the dark.

Jay has also kept his distance. He has some random pack member named Lively bring me my breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Lively is something interesting? Her energetic spirit causes me discomfort for I am not energetic. She is very passionate about certain topics and tends to speak for hours upon hours. Of course, I am too nice to kick her out so I am forced to endure it.

Speaking of the devil. A knock breaks me from my thoughts.

"Come in." I say loud enough for the energy ball to hear me.

Lively waltz in with a huge grin on her face. Her light brown hair is placed neatly in a bun ontop of her head. Her hazel eyes lock with mine and something about her eyes make me nervous. Lively knows something I don't and that bugs me.

"Lively?" I question nervously.

Lively smiles brightly and plops down beside me on my bed. "Guess what!"

I narrow my eyes at her in annoyance. I really hate when people do that, I won't guess what if I haven't the slightest clue! "What?" I snap.

Lively's grin doesn't vanish as she stares at me intensely. "You get to see your friend!"

Rowan. I get to see Rowan. My excitment shoots through the roof until I stop and think. Why now? What does Jay want?

"Alpha Jay wants me to escort you downstairs to where he and your friend are." Lively says proudly. Yay, you're a messenger now. I think sarcastically.

I stand up from my bed and allow Lively to lead me down through the door and through the narrow hallway. I realize that Lively is actually very beautiful, too bad her personality is too much for anyone to probably handle.

Lively stands about 5'6 and is quite slim. She wears girly clothes, like skirts and dresses and heels. Her face is perfect and very natural seeing how all werewolves are blessed with perfect complextions. Lively is what people may call 'little miss sunshine', always euthastic and seeing the good in things and people.

We reach Jay and Rowan who looks so much healthier and handsome. Jay wears his signature smirk on his face while Rowan has a soft smile on his face. Both males are devilishly handsome but I hate to say Jay is better looking.

"Long time no see Maddison." Jay says in a cocky tone.

"Thank God for that." I mumble under my breath.

"Well, today I have decided to allow you to see your friend." Jay says in a sickly sweet tone.

"How kind of you." I spat sarcastically.

"Maddison!" Lively exclaims while covering a hand over my mouth. I roll my eyes and shove her hand away in annoyance.

"Lively, leave." Jay demands in his alpha tone.

Lively bows her head instantly and scampers off. Poor girl.

"What do you want?" I ask daringly. My eyes blaze into his like fire, I want to torch his soul and uncover every little weakness he holds, and then destory it.

"Nothing, visit with your friend and then find me.'' Jay says with a knowing look in his eyes.

It snaps in me after he leaves. He has another part of his game ready for me, how fun.

My thoughts are vanished when I am englufed in a tight hug from Rowan. His scent hits me as I am embraced by my former lover. I realize how much I really missed him as days went on without seeing him.

"I've missed you Maddi." Rowan whispers into my ear. His voice soothes my mind instantly, he's always been able to do that.

"I've missed you too Rowan." I say while exiting his embrace.

Rowan smiles and looks me up head to toe. His smile falters as he eyes me carefully. "Have they been feeding you?" Rowan questions.

"Uh yeah?" I say more as a question.

Rowan shakes his head and let's out a small feral growl. "Not enough, you're so skinny."

I look down at myself and realize he's right. I am skinnier than before. My shirt is baggy and my leggings are tight against my skin, they're baggy. "I guess I didn't notice."

Rowan growls darkly before shaking his head vigorously. "This is unacceptable. I am going to get us out of this hèll."

I smile sympathetically. I wish it was that simple, but it isn't. We're forever trapped here, trapped in Jay's game as his pawns and players.

"No. I have to go Rowan, please be safe." I say as I kiss his cheek.

I've got to talk to Jay immediately. I can't let anything happen to my pack members. I need to fight and quit being weak. My father would be so disappointed.

I use my enhanced senses and sniff Jay out. I find him in the same room that he took me to days before. I've come to conclusion that this is his game room.

"Jay." I say curtly.

Jay sits in the middle of the empty room in a dingy old chair. His head is bowed and only his silhouette is shown.

"Maddison, Maddison, Maddison. What shall I do with you?" Jay says in a vicious voice.

"Let us go." I say with a desperate attempt to convince him of his wrongs. This male has destroyed so many lives. Isn't it time to give it a rest?

"Cute." Jay snaps while standing up. His silhouette moves with him just as graceful. Jay stops before me and touches my cheek lightly. "Maddison, riddle me this, the haunt that follows you in your dreams, something that will never let you leave, you bare your soul for one to give, it's the darkness that lies within, it's your gift and your curse, but it will show you no remorse?"

///

I have Internet whoooohoooo! More updates! So my plan is to update every day or every two days! Which do you prefer, every three days would be short chapters like this one and every three days would be longer.

Please let me know!

First comment to get the riddle right gets a dedication!

Like the new cover? Or stay with the original?
Feel free to make me banners and covers! I will dedicate my chapters to you!:)

Vote and comment because my story is doing so so well thanks to you guys!! You make my day!

Thank you:)