•C h a p t e r T h i r t y O n e REWRITE•

"Right or wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that's separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views." —Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy)

C h a l l e n g i n g T h e A l p h a

C h a p t e r T h i r t y O n e

Any final fantasy fans? Anyone stoked about ffxv?!?

///

I stare at Alana in bewilderment. "What on Earth are you talking about?"

Alana sighs deeply and looks down at the ground. "I'm going to go and try and find Bryce, I need my mate Emma, so I'm leaving. Bryce and I will live as rogue and live life peacefully."

I narrow my eyes at her and I grow angry. "Peace? Peace as a rogue. Are you insane!"

Alana shakes her head sadly. "This is happening Emma, whether you like it or not. I'm sorry but this is what I want and I have a favor to ask of you."

I scoff at my cousin. "What could you possibly want?"

Alana meets my eyes and I notice her eyes begin to water. What is going on? Is this serious? Oh, please don't say you want me to run away with you.

"Take Ella as your own."

My mouth opens ajar as I try to process her words. I am beyond shocked at my cousins request. "Are you out of your mind? She is your child!"

"I don't want Ella growing up as a rogue. I want her to be happy, healthy. She can be that with you. I have everything figured out, Leva said she'll do a memory erase spell on Ella, it'll wipe any memories of me and Bryce away but other memories will remain and some will be made up." Alana explained with a small smile.

Who on earth is this person I call my cousin? What is going on with her? She is so irrational and naive.

"I can't raise your daughter, that's your job." I said with narrowed eyes.

"Please, I don't want her!" Alana exclaimed with pleading eyes. I can't believe what I am hearing from my cousin.

"You want to give up your daughter? Who the fück are you? I don't even know who you are anymore, Alana." I sneered in disdain.

Alana bows her head and begins to fiddle with her hands. "Think what you want but please say you will."

"I will, but she will never know about you and I'll forget about you. What you're doing is awful. You're so stupid." I said while clenching my first.

Alana's head whips up instantly. Her eyes are blazing into mine and they're so fierce. "Thank you, but remember one thing, I will always be here for you."

"Whatever, leave. You're presence is no longer welcomed." I spat.

Alana looks at me sadly but doesn't say anything, she obliques to my command and leaves.

Once the door is shut I let my cooped up emotions out. I scream in agony. All the pain I've gone through surfaces and results in painful screams and streams of tears.

"Curse you MoonGoddess!" I screamed as I sunk to my knees. I sobbed into my hands and shook violently. I've never experienced so much pain all at once, now I remember why Alana and I banned together and made me stop burying them.

The door is suddenly busted open and in the doorway stands a frazzled Jay. His eyes widen at the sight of me.

I meet his gaze and begin to cry even harder. This male, my mate, my fathers killer, my enemy, seems to be the only person I want to comfort me. I shouldn't, but I do. After today, I will hate myself for this but in this moment I need him.

"I need you." I whimpered while shaking harder as more sobs wrack my body.

Jay has me in his arms instantly and begins stroking my hair gently. He masculine scent cocoons me and makes me feel safe. I sob in his arms for the pain he's caused me, for the pain my father caused, the pain my mother caused, Alana caused, and mostly the pain I caused.

I never really thought of the damage I have done. I dragged my cousin through hèll, I have my pack hèll. What kind of alpha am I?

I challenge my mate, an alpha daily. But for what? What is this all for? My freedom? I will never be free, and it's time I except it.

I slowly sink into darkness where I truly can be free.

**

Rewritten, very emotionally. Emma breaks and Jay is there to comfort.

Good or bad?

Vote&Comment

Thank you.