Chapter 3

"What's going on here?"
The angry voice came from the frowning man in perfect suit standing at the entrance door.

I looked at my husband while holding my tears from bursting. He strode towards me swiftly and he pulled me up so I could sit on his lap.

The two police officers and four firemen were all looking at us when the manager of the building started talking.

"Mr. Miller, we responded as quickly as possible because we heard the siren of the alarm coming from this house. We checked everything and there is no major damage, there were just so much smoke and the detector alerted immediately."

He looked at me with worried face. I thought he would get mad if he found out what happen instead he kissed my forehead and murmured soothing words to calm me.

"Well, if everything is fine you can now leave." he commanded in his raspy voice and pulled me closer to him.

After the men went out of the door, he touched my face so I could face him. "Are you okay baby?"

I just nodded my head keeping myself from bursting to tears. I was so terrified and scared of what would be his reaction.

"Tell me what happen." he pleaded.

"I was cooking for dinner and I didn't notice the smoke was all over the kitchen already. It was too late when I heard the alarm panicked."

He smiled at me with those sexy eyes.

"You tried cooking for dinner?" I nodded. "For us?" I nodded again.

"I guess Mr. Kitchen and my sexy wife are not friends." He added while I smiled with embarrassment. I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

He scooped me up by his arms, and we headed our way to the kitchen. He let me sit on the chair and kissed my lips before searching the apron.

He unbuttoned his suit and he was top naked. I licked my lips upon seeing his bulging muscles. He wore the pink apron and I swore he was made to be the hottest and sexiest husband of all.

He cooked dinner while I was just sitting there. He glanced at me and I feel so flattered of seeing my husband cooking for me.

"After dinner, I expect my dessert." He said while looking at me with his pupils dilated.

He then came to me and whispered on my ear. "I will definitely ravish you later, my sweetest dessert." And he licked the sides of my ears making me giggled.

I suddenly woke up when I felt a soft touch on my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw my beautiful baby sleeping peacefully with his hand touching my cheeks.

He was facing me and I kissed his cute face and he was murmuring something in his sleep. He was probably dreaming or playing with his guardian angels.

I always loved to sleep with my baby beside me on the bed. I didn't like putting him on the crib or placing him in another room.

I even bought the super soft bedsheets so he would sleep comfortably. My bed could be occupied by four people.

I intended to have a large bed so my baby had enough space when he would turn and flip in his sleep.

I remembered my last night's dream. It seemed so real again. I had memories that had been invading my dreams like most of the nights.

I got off from bed carefully not waking up my sleeping baby and I put pillows around him. I looked at the clock and it was still 5:30am Sunday.

I had no plans on hitting the pillows again so I went to the kitchen to make coffee for myself.

I turned on the television and after several commercial breaks, there came a buzz break about Miss Universe. It was a report about the preparations for the pageant that would be aired live on television today at 12pm. Then, there were some videos of him, picture taking with the candidates.

He looked so devastatingly handsome as ever in his expensive suit. There were even females who were publicly flirting with him. "Men are always men." I thought to myself.

I heard a loud cry from the bedroom. I almost jumped in hurry and there I saw my baby on his chest crying and looking so adorably helpless.

"Ohhhhh. Not a morning baby!" I scooped him up and he was calm now while I cuddles him to my chest. I kissed his nose and he giggled.

"Good morning! Are you hungry now?" He must have understood what I was saying because he touched my breasts indicating that he wanted his milk now.

I fed him right away and he looked so radiantly full now. I put him on the crib in the living room so I could do my chores.

I switched the channel to Cartoon Network and he seemed to be very excited to watch. He murmured baby words and even shouted and giggled. I was laughing looking at my adorable baby.

Time flew so fast that I didn't notice it was almost lunch time. I cooked the easiest food I could think of. I made a fruit salad shake for my baby.

My baby looked so bored now. When he caught my eye, he immediately called me by raising his hands as if he wanted to be picked up.

I excitedly picked him and he giggled while I kissed his tummy. We ate together while he was sitting on my lap, and again he always tried to reach the plate on the table and frowned when he failed.

After putting the dishes on the sink, we headed back to the living room so we could cuddle while putting him to his afternoon nap.

I switched the channels to look for a more interesting show when I unknowingly selected the channel that aired the pageant.

I was watching the show. At the back of my mind I so wanted to change the channel, but I couldn't.

The candidates were all beautiful and glamorous in their gowns. Surely men, married or not married, had already been fantasizing about the ladies on the stage, most likely including him.

The final round came and the bowl rolled for candidates to select the judge that would give them the questions. There were five ladies left now, and all of them were strikingly beautiful.

Miss Venezuela had her turn and the judge she picked was no other than David Miller. The crowd went wild and Miss Venezuela was obviously blushing upon hearing the cheers. I was wondering if she was blushing because of the cheers or because she has selected David Miller.

"Good morning!" His dark and seductive voice boomed around the arena making the candidates shivered in excitement.

"If you are divorced or annulled by wrong reasons, and he wants you back, will you accept him again or not?"
I was literally shocked hearing his question. What was he trying to imply?

Miss Venezuela took the mic to answer. "I will probably accept him back. But he has to know that things can never and will never be the same again." 👔