Chapter 30 💝

David's POV

I woke up feeling so excited. I already planned on how to pursue her again.

I was laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling. I missed waking up in the morning with my wife beside me. She always slept on top of my body and I loved it so much.

I always cooked for her. Since the day she almost burned the penthouse down when she tried cooking, I never allowed her to get near to the kitchen again.

"What's going on here?" I yelled.

I was in the meeting when I received a phone call from one of the bodyguards I hired to watch Olivia. There was a commotion in the building and the police came to the penthouse. I quickly ended the meeting and went straight to the house.

I found my wife sitting on the couch with tears brimming in her eyes. I strode towards her and pulled her to my lap.

The two police officers and four fireman were staring at us. I didn't like the way they were staring to my wife. I clenched my fist and cuddled my wife closer to me.

The manager explained what happened with the kitchen and the smoke alarm.

I looked at my wife but she just buried her face to the crook of my neck. She was trembling. She must had thought I would be mad at her.

To ease her, I kissed her forehead then her lips and smiled at her.

"Well, if everything is fine you can leave now." I commanded and they all stood up and walked out to the door.

"Are you okay, baby?"

She nodded.

"Tell me what happen."

"I was cooking for dinner and I didn't notice the smoke was all over the kitchen. It was too late when I heard the alarm panicked already." Her voice was clearly shaking.

I smiled sweetly to her.

"You tried cooking for dinner?" She nodded. "For us?" She nodded again.

"I guess Mr. Kitchen and my sexy wife are not friends." I added while she chuckled with embarrassment.

I scooped her with my arms, and we headed to the kitchen. I let her sat on the chair and kissed her lips. I removed my clothes and put the pink apron on. She loved the pink apron so I bought it for her.

I saw her licking her lips and I could tell she was so turned on. Well, seeing her licking her lips turned me on too.

"After dinner, I expect my dessert." I smirked sexily.

I came closer to her. "I will definitely ravish you later, my sweetest dessert." Then I licked the sides of her left ear making her giggled.

****

Mr. Patrick, the dean of the university where my wife was working at, had invited me for lunch with them. When I saw my Olivia walking inside the venue, I couldn't help but stare at her in awe. Though she got thinner that before, she never failed to mesmerized me.

She was wearing a royal blue formal attire. My favorite color. Similar color with the suit I was wearing.

I was tailing her while she was putting foods on her plate.

"Are you getting fussy with the foods now?" She jumped in surprised and turned to me.

"Good afternoon, sir!" She responded firmly.