Chapter 10

My last class has just ended. I got these mixed feelings of melancholy and euphoria that I couldn't explain.

Am I getting insane?

I remember last night's dinner when David became all ecstatic when I approved his plan of bringing us out with our baby. He behaved well and he was not pestering me. He should not make things to provoke me for he knew pretty well that I could cast him out anytime.

I am still in my right state of mind. Going out with him doesn't mean I'm letting my guards down. I'm not planning  to be captured again. I'm doing this for my baby who is after all impeccable of all these dramas.

I got home and was surprised on what I found.

The house was a mess.

“David?” I yelled.

He quickly got out of the room holding my baby.

“Hi!” He said nervously.

“I was trying to dress him up but he doesn't want to and he keeps on playing around.”

I turned my gaze to my baby who was sucking his thumb while putting his head on his dad's shoulder.

“Baby? What were you doing?” I strode my way towards them and picked my baby up.

He was talking baby words and I kissed him all over his face making him giggled. He looked at me with his adorable eyes. I felt two hands wrapping around my waist and I knew it was David. I was standing still.

He kissed my baby's forehead from behind.

“Baby, are you ready? Let's go.”

I nodded in response.

“Would you mind if someone will drive for us?”

“No, it's fine.” I smiled.

He always made sure not to stress me so he was always the one arranging everything for me.

I quickly got my baby changed. David was looking so hot and sexy in his simple black pants and blue t-shirt that hugged his sculpted body. His bulging muscles were ripping and I was already imagining my hands touching his abs inside the shirt.

“You can touch them anytime.” He spoke.

I blushed so I turned around so he would not see my face.

“Let's go.” I said without looking at him.

I could sense him smiling victoriously. He took the shoulder bag of baby stuffs and we headed out of the apartment.

I spotted an SUV with a man in suit waiting. I felt a hand on my waist and David was already guiding me to the door. I was holding my baby and he looked so very excited when we got inside the car. He was bouncing on my lap while clapping his hands together. David was chuckling at my son.

It was a bit traffic today. David had our baby sit on his lap and he played with him. My baby was laughing hard when his dad tickled him.

I took pictures of them. I even had a picture of us three, with David's face so close to mine while smiling on the camera.

It took us 30 minutes to get to the mall. David had to wear his cap and sunglasses to avoid people from recognizing him.

I noticed the five men in suits around us. They were not in the car?

“David, are they your bodyguards?” I asked softly.

“Yes baby!” He responded sweetly.

People were looking at us probably wondering why we were surrounded with  bulky men.

But I cannot blow them away. David is a prominent man, his men need to be around him most of the time especially if he was outside.

He took us to a fancy Italian restaurant. I always wanted to try here but the foods were very expensive and even a glass of water nearly cost half my salary for a month.

The waitresses had already recognized who was coming. They were all lining up, and the manager led us to our table. There were very few people around. David put our baby in a highchair and then he pulled a chair for me.

“What would you like baby?”

There goes the pet name again. Why can't he stop calling me that. I will let this pass for now. This is not a good place to fight.

“I don't know. I haven't been in this place before.” I spoke nervously but in low tone.

“It's fine. I got you.” He smiled then winked at me.

There were lots of food in the table and I was confused on what I should eat first. I saw David playfully smiling while feeding our baby with the beef soup.

We were eating silently. I still wanted to continue but my stomach was so full already. The foods were all breathtaking and I had to savour every one of them since this was most likely the only chance I could come here.

David kept on glancing and smiling at me, but I just pretended I didn't notice. I didn't want to give him false hope.

Things will never be the same. We are never getting back together. The only one that keep us together is our son. Nothing else. 💔