Chapter 20

The most awaited big Friday had finally come. I woke up as early as 4am so I could furnish everything up. My baby was still peacefully sleeping and snugging adorably to the his blue blanket.

Yesterday, my close friends Katie and Margie came to help me decorate the apartment. My baby's godmothers were all same ecstatic for today.

The birthday cake would be delivered at 9am as I had requested. I was cooking breakfast when France came out from his room with hair disheveled.

"Where is my birthday baby boy?" He yelled and clapped childishly. I hushed at him while laughing softly. It was too early to wake my baby up.

"Coffee?" I offered.

"Please." He pouted and sat on the chair while typing something on his phone.

"Mark will come early. He will be helping me set up the cameras." He said but kept looking on his phone.

Mark is his best friend since high school. Like a brother, he always protected me since we were young. I considered him a second brother and he always treated me like a sister he never had. I never got attach to him romantically; he didn't swing that way.

I went back to the bedroom but I was surprised to see my baby was up already. I didn't hear him cry. He was just looking above the ceiling and smiling playfully. I cooed him up and he laughed while touching my face.

I sweetly sang a 'happy birthday' song to him and he was clapping his hands at the same time. I took him outside and he was greeted by France and Mark who were both holding a bubble gun in their hands. They playfully shot us with bubbles and my baby was giggling adorably. He very much enjoyed popping the bubbles while Mark shot.

France started recording us while we played with the bubbles. We came up with a zoo theme, and each visitors would wear an animal costume. The apartment looked like a jungle now surrounded with tall plants.

France was wearing his pink bear costume. He obviously didn't look scary at all. Where did he find this pink bear? 🤔 Mark was wearing his crocodile costume. He really looked like he had just eaten a huge prey because his tummy was big.

My baby was wearing his fiercely cute lion costume, and I drew three parallel lines on each of his cheeks like those of a cat. I, on the other hand, was the sexy Eve. I looked like a cavewoman, the queen of wilderness.

The people I invited were all present and were wearing their animal costumes, as well as the kids. The apartment has definitely transformed into a zoo now.

At exactly 10 minutes to 9, we heard a knock on the door. It must be the birthday cake. My colleague Melissa opened the door and yelled.

"The cake is here!"

When the delivery man entered, we all gasped in surprised. My mouth was left hanging wide open.

David Miller was carrying the two-layered-chocolate velvet cake. He looked so handsome although his stubbles were growing longer than before.

I noticed the ladies' gasps like they just saw a Greek God come to real. They must had recognized David Miller. He was the famous male model in the world before he became a businessman. He is still considered to be the richest and sexiest male model in the world.

"David, thank you for coming!" France greeted him while patting his shoulders. Really France?

"Thank you for inviting me. Where should I put the cake?" David smiled sexily at me. At me? What is going on here? France?

"Let me." Katie offered her help and took the cake carefully from David.

He strode his way towards us and he kissed my forehead before taking his son from me. My baby wiggled and laughed hard when David showered him with kisses. "Happy Birthday baby!" He greeted softly and my baby was kicking in excitement. I was more surprised when my baby yelled.