Chapter 13

I woke up feeling sore in all the right places. I found myself in my bed and my baby was still sleeping soundly with a smile on his face. I kissed him on the cheek and he moved a little.

I scanned my eyes around the room but I found no David.

I quickly got up and went to the kitchen when I found a sticky note on the fridge door.

Good morning baby! Got a business call. Be right back.

David

After throwing the paper to the bin, I didn't know what I should feel now. He left. He didn't even wait until I woke up.
He just left a pathetic note.

It was a stupid, stupid decision. Too late to repent, Olivia. I scolded myself. It had been made and done. He got what he wanted so now he was leaving you again. He was done with you.

I heard my phone ringing. When I checked the caller ID, I saw France's name.

“Hi Franny!”

“Hi bunny! How are you doing? How is my adorable nephew?”

“We're great. He is still sleeping though.”

“Can you take a picture of him now? I miss you guys so much.”

“Okay, please be safe. I love you!”

“I love you too bunny!”

Then we ended the call. I took a picture of my sleeping baby and sent it to France.

I felt sorry for all the things that happened to my son. He never saw his father the day he was born, and he would never see his father again the moment David decided to go back to London.

My phone rang again and I picked it up thinking it must be France's follow-up call.

“Franny?” I sang in melodious voice.

“Baby?”

I froze. I checked who was calling and it was from an unknown number, but I could recognize his voice. I put the phone again closer to my ear.

“Baby, are you there?” he spoke again. I didn't utter a word. Anger, guilt, and frustration were starting to build up in my system.

I didn't speak, I turned off the phone instead.

I got confused of my own emotions. It was slowly taking me over. You ought to not let your guards down. But you already did last night.

I heard my baby cried. I quickly went to the bedroom and found my baby on his chest. I picked him up and he sneaked closer to my neck.

“Momma's here.” I hushed.

While I was breastfeeding him, I got a phone call from Mrs. Chandler informing me that there were documents that needed my signature today and she was requesting if I could sneak out few minutes of my time for it. I didn't have classes for the day but I told her that I would come around 10am.

I did my morning routine and since France was not around to babysit, I decided to bring my baby with me to school. I sometimes brought him with me, and my colleagues always loved to play with him.

We reached school at quarter to 10. There were students who were looking at us and smiling at my adorable baby. He is friendly to everyone and he mostly attracts girls.

My colleagues took turns of holding and playing with him while I finished the paperwork. My baby was chuckling non-stop and seemed to enjoy the attention he was getting.

My phone kept on ringing and when I checked it, there were 8 missed calls already from same number. His number.
I checked the text message.

Baby, where are you? Your door is close.

I didn't bother replying.

Few minutes later, I heard a commotion outside. It was like there is a celebrity coming and the crowd was very excited.
I just sat still. It seemed like the noise was going inside the faculty room and when I raised my head again to check was happening, I saw David Miller in his glorious three piece suit stepping inside the office.

When he saw my baby on Mrs. Chandler's arms, he went to pick him up. My son kissed him on his jaw and he was hugging his father by the neck.

My colleagues looked all surprised of my baby's endearment to the man in front of them. They must be wondering why my baby didn't protest or cry when a 'stranger' took him.

I was shocked and stood up from the chair. David caught my eyes and he strode his way towards me. People were looking at us stunned.

The crowd was astounded even more when David pulled me by my waist and pecked a kiss on my lips. I felt both embarrassed and flattered especially when I heard the 'ohhh' from the crowd.

“Why are you not answering my calls?” His eyes were dark. I didn't answer. I just looked at him blankly.

“Are you done here?” He asked again and I just nodded.

“Take your bag. Let's go.” He commanded. His dark tone sent chills to my bone.

I was looking at my baby who was busy playing his dad's tie. I quickly gathered my things and David never let my waist and led me out of the office while his other hand was holding our son.

The last thing I remembered was the gasps from the crowd. 😱