Chapter 18

For the next five months, I felt so empty. If not because of my baby, I would have been drowned to depression already. France stayed in the house to keep us company and watched my son, but still there was this emptiness that hadn't been filled yet.

My phone had been ringing everyday. I hadn't talked much to him and most of the time, I just simply ignored his calls and pretended that I was busy. Instead, he would call France to check on me and always talked to his son.

My baby can now enunciate few words such as "momma", "dadda", and he even called France "ankee". He is so adorable and genius and I'm a proud mamma.

David had probably been monitoring me because everytime I used the internet, there were always notifications inviting me to 'Skype' with him, but I always ignored them.

I admit I miss his attention and his constant calling to my phone but I am just controlling myself not to be attached too much to him. I would always end up failed and a looser, lonely and depressed.

I was washing the dishes when France called my name.

"Livy? He wants to speak to you." I know who he is.

"Can you tell him I'm not available?" I replied in an irritated tone.

"And when will you be free to speak to him?" He put both his hands on his waist.

"I know you have been avoiding him."

"Why would I do that? I'm washing the dishes you know, so I'm busy" I said while showing the bubbles on my hands.

He took the phone to his ear again. "David, yeah. SHE SAID she is washing the dishes so she is busy at the moment."

France made an evil face and I frowned at him.

"Yeah, yeah, and you know what! She is wearing a red lingerie right now and her butt is showing." France continued while making an evil grin.

"Fraaaaaaaan! What did you say?" I angrily threw some bubbles to him making him giggled more.

Where the hell did that red lingerie coming from? I'm gonna kill you later Fran.

"He wants to speak to you now." He said while laughing at me.

I grabbed the phone from him.

"Yes!" I let a heavy sigh.

"Olivia? Baby, hi!" He sounded nervous.

"What do you want?"

"How are you? You are not answering my calls and my emails..."

"I'm not answerable to you." I cut him off.

France heard my irritated response and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"I just want to talk to you." His voice was begging.

"I'm busy."

"Can we do Skype tonight?"

"No, I'm gonna be busy."

"When will you be available?"

"I don't know. Probably never. I gotta go. Bye."

I pushed the end button. I knew I was rude but I didn't care anymore.

I spinned around and met France's gaze.

"That was....mean?" He commented with a sly face.

I just shrugged my shoulders off and gave his phone back.

It was already 15 to midnight but my baby was still enthusiastically playing on the bed.

"Baby, we shall sleep now. The monsters are coming to us if we don't sleep." I said to him but he just touched my nose and giggled more. He probably knew that there were really no monsters outside. I cuddled him to me and he was sucking his thumb.

I opened my laptop to check my emails and there were tons already from David.

Suddenly, I heard a notification sound. It was David again inviting me to 'Skype' with him. What a perfect timing. My sarcastic thought said.

I probably have to talk to him now so he will stop pestering me. I found my fingers clicking the button.

We were sitting on the bed with my baby on my lap.

David's face came into view smiling and sexy as hell. His stubble was growing and he was only wearing a black sweat shirt.

"Livy?" His hand touched the screen.

"Hi." I said coldly and my baby had probably recognized him because he was giggling and kept babbling "dadada".

"Give daddy a kiss, please." David's eyes were obviously sad but he kept hold of his smile.

I held my baby closer and he kissed the screen where his drool sticked.

"He has grown up!" David exclaimed nervously. He looked awkward. I knew I was intimidating him.

"We shall sleep now. It's almost midnight." I told him and I saw his disappointed face and his dying smile.

"Thank you for answering my call." He smiled sadly. I just nodded then closed the screen.

Was it bad that I cut off the call quickly? I don't know why I am feeling so guilty right now. 😣