Chapter 40

I breathed in and out deeply before stepping out of the car. I was cuddling my baby to my chest while he was so fond watching his surroundings. His eyes twinkled looking at the passing cars. He loved cars like his father.

We were in front of David's building and I was amazed and felt proud of his achievement.

He had been occupied these past few days. He worked late and he went to work early. Although, he had been busy, he always looked after us. He would call me several times in the day to check on us and he always talked to our son over the phone.He always made sure we had our proper meals on time.

His parents were supportive and always present. They always invited us to their house or they would visit us in the penthouse.

I planned to surprise him so I decided to visit him in his office. I brought foods for lunch.

I missed him. He always cuddled me every night but he never made love to me anymore. I understood that he must had been tired from work but I felt neglected.

I took the elevator going to the top floor and my baby seemed astonished of the large mirrors surrounding the elevator room. He was blabbering adorably like he was talking to his reflection.

The ding indicated that we already reached the top floor. I had never been here actually. I wasn't exposed to David's social or business life. Our marriage was a secret so I had to keep a low profile.

"Hi! Is David available?" I asked the woman in the reception area and she stared at me blankly. I waited for an answer but she just turned her eyes to the computer.

"Do you have an appointment with Mr. Miller?" She asked downright without looking at me.

"No."

"Mr. Miller is busy. Make an appointment or leave."

I felt dismayed. I urged to retract but my baby started crying. I went to the nearest chair and put the food down while hushing my baby.

"What's wrong?" I asked him sweetly but he wouldn't stop crying. The people were all looking at us with frowned eyebrows. My baby cried louder.

He motioned to my breasts. He must had been hungry now because he was trying to pulled down my neckline.

"My little munchkin is hungry again?" I cooed him to calm him down.

I just fed him an hour ago and he was hungry again. I chuckled at his cuteness.

I removed the first three buttons of my clothes and he quickly lapped my breast for milk. I pulled out a small blanket from my bag to cover my breast.

"Excuse me, Miss. Breastfeeding is not allowed here." Another woman came to me and I felt more embarrassed now when everyone was staring at us.

"I'm sorry. My son is hungry so I have to feed him here."

"Just make it quick or we have to force you to leave..."

"What's going on?"

The woman was about to finish her sentence when a voice boomed behind her. Everyone turned their heads and they all gasped.

I was closed to tears of being embarrassed but when I looked at him, all I wanted was to run to his arms. He looked so furious and he stood so great and powerful in his suit.

"What are you doing to my wife?" He lashed angrily.

All the people were gawking at us. The woman who reprimanded me bowed her head down.

He came to me and wrapped his arms protectively around us.

"No one orders my wife what to do." He snapped again making all the people bowed down.

He kissed me in front of the people and led me inside his office.

"Baby, I'm sorry for what happened." He cupped my face before planting a kiss to my forehead.

"It's not your fault."

He enclosed us with his arms again. My baby wiggled trying to get away.

"Daddy!" He squealed when he saw his father. David lifted him up and swayed him making him giggled louder.

"Thank you for visiting me, baby!" He kissed my forehead then my lips sweetly making me blush.

We had our lunch in his office and we talked about lots of things, his business and his meetings that kept him occupied since two days ago.

I told him I would roamed around the city, so he let me go after lunch then he went to his next meeting. He permitted us to go out but I had to bring five bodyguards with me.

David Miller and his possessiveness. I rolled my eyes playfully and he slapped by butt softly making me giggled on my way out.

****

I was already inside the car roaming around the city when I remembered to visit Dr. Stone. I asked the men to drive to her house.

I hope she is home. I chanted while pressing the doorbell.

Few seconds later, the door opened and a lady stood up in surprised.

"Olivia!" Dr. Stone reached me and hugged me tenderly.

"Oh lady! What took you so long to visit me?" She scolded me while wiping the tears in her eyes.

"I miss you, Dr. Stone."

She smiled widely while kissing both my cheeks.

"Is this him?" She was referring to my son who was nuzzling his head to my neck.

"Honey, meet Dr. Stone. Dr. Stone, meet my son Nicholai James." I introduced them and I saw Dr. Stone's face lightened up like she instantly loved my little boy.

"Hello, young man! My name is Nora! How are you?" She tickled him and my son quickly  warmed up to her. He babbled again and he was clapping his hands like he wanted to play.

Dr. Stone lifted him up cheerfully and she led us inside the house. The house was the same, except the new paintings hanged on the wall.

"So, your husband found you again?"

"Yeah, it was... emotional."

"Tabloids and magazines, all labeled him ruthless."

I looked at her questionably. She just smiled back.

"David James Miller."

I gasped.

"How did you know?" I asked.

" I saw your wedding picture in your luggage when I brought you here."

"Oh.."

"I didn't help you because you were David Miller's wife. I helped you because I wanted to."

"Thank you, Dr. Stone."

"You don't need to thank me, Olivia. I am so happy to see you and this little young man again."

****

We drove back to the penthouse around 6pm and my little boy had been gone asleep already. I carried him to my chest carefully not wanting to wake him up.

David opened the door and I honestly was stunned.

"Hi!" I spoke timidly.

"Where have you been?" 

"We went to visit Dr. Stone." I replied.

He frowned. "Who's Dr. Stone?"

"She helped me the night after we divorced." I didn't have any other way to say it.

He was silent. He sighed in distress. Then he walked away.😓