Chapter 28

We arrived at the venue ten minutes before the celebration started. It was not that extravagant like those in Hollywood but to say that it was brilliant was an understatement.

David's parents were not the luxurious type. They were the most humble people I had known in my entire life.

I started to feel guilty of not been able to communicate to them before I left London. They must had been worried of my sudden disappearance.

We stepped outside the limo and we were met by the flashes of the cameras.

I was not surprised to see the paparazzi around knowing that the celebration was for the parents of the famous billionaire model and a businessman.

David carried our son on his arms and I felt proud seeing that he didn't mind getting his glorious suit wrinkled.

My baby started crying probably because of the camera flashes around him.

David tried to coo him but I quickly picked him up to my arms when I saw his tears already streaming down his chubby cheeks.

I didn't mind if my dress would be ruined or what. My focus was to my baby who was silently sobbing on my chest.

"Mommy's here, baby!" I whispered to him while rocking him slowly.

"David?"

We heard a voice from behind and we both turned our heads to see his mother and father hurriedly approaching us.

I felt nervous. I didn't know what to say. My heart was ready to burst anytime. I felt so overwhelmed of seeing them again after two years.

I felt David's hands on my waist and he kissed my head. He must had sensed my nervousness.

"Olivia? Oh my god!" Sandra immediately wrapped his arms around me. I felt like crying.

"My daughter! Where have you been?" Sandra was crying already. I couldn't hugged her back because my arms were craddling my baby.

I didn't notice my tears were flowing already. She kissed both my cheeks and I felt so joyful.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, my beautiful sunshine." She chuckled while wiping her tears.

David's father, James hugged me next and kissed my forehead.

David was completely ignored.

"We miss you so much, my daughter." James said while squeezing me again.

"I can't believe you're here. This is the best gift I have ever received."

"Thank you, my boy! Thank you!" This time Sandra turned to David who was standing beside me smiling. Her mother tiptoed to hugged him. David was really tall.

"Mom..." I started to talk but my baby wiggled trying to turn around probably to see who we were talking to.

"Oh oh my! Is this our grandson?" Sandra exclaimed.

All our attention were focused to my baby who was hiding his face on my chest.

"Hello my baby boy, I'm your grandma!"

Sandra was trying to tickle him but my baby was so shy that he just curled up to me.

I saw Jame's expression and his eyes were teary. He must had seen the baby version of David to my son.

"Baby? Meet your grandma and grandpa!" I told him sweetly and he looked up to me then to David.

David nodded to him and chuckled. Our son was probably waiting for his father's approval. My baby was adorably shy all of a sudden.