Chapter 21

The mixed smells of bacon, hotdog, and coffee had awaken me. My body was lured to the aroma of coffee and my tongue only wanted nothing else but to taste it.

I glanced at the clock on the bedside table to discover that it was still five in the morning. Who the heck used my kitchen at this early hour?

I put on my slippers forgetting my just-woke-up hair and instantly headed outside. David was gloriously standing in my pink apron cooking breakfast.

“How did you get in?” I asked him.

“Good morning baby!” He replied walking closer to me and kissing my cheeks. I blushed unknowingly.

“Please sit down. I'll take care of you.” He nervously smiled. Do I make him feel intimidated?

“Coffee?” He offered and I just replied with a nod. I was staring at him blankly.

The house was silent. Neither of us talked or opened a topic for discussion. I also didn't know where or what to begin with.

All the time, he was attentive to me and he even served me on my plate.

“I'm full.” I told him when he served me again on my plate for like the third time now.

“You only eat a little. You're getting thinner than the last time I saw you.” He sounded concern.

“Yeah, it has been 5...6 months?” I said with bitterness.

“We will talk after you finish your plate.”

“You don't owe me any.”

“Please, let me explain baby. I promise to tell you everything and anything you want to know.”

“You're not obliged to.” I rolled my eyes. Now, Olivia, that was childish.

He looked defeated. I pushed the chair and I stood up. Just in one smooth swift, I felt him tugging me by my waist.

“I am not letting you go, never again.” His dark voice sent shivers down my spine. I have to get away now, otherwise...

I was getting confused. I loved the feeling of his hands on me but I knew this was not getting good. I gently removed his hands from my waist and walked away.

I closed the bedroom door behind me. I leaned my back on the door and I let go my tears. I told you to give me more time, David. I wanted you to chase me, not to leave me for 6 months.

My sobs won't stop. I looked at my sleeping baby. He deserved every happines in the world.

I have to swallow my pride, I have to be strong for my baby. I will do anything for my precious son. Even if I will get hurt over and over again.

I wiped my tears and composed myself. I went outside and found David sitting on the couch looking so defeated and hands clasped together. He looked at me and his eyes were swollen.

“Would you like to accompany me to the grocery store?”

Really Olivia?

His face suddenly shone bright and he beamed while nodding his head.

“Yes, I would love to.”

I walked to the kitchen to continue drinking my coffee.

“France will take Nicholai out. I guess with Katie.” I told him while sipping my coffee carefully.

“Okay. I will wash the dishes. Would you like to take a bath first?” He was so enthusiastic like a kid who wanted to see the creatures in the ocean park.