Chapter 5

I was awaken by the continuous knock on the door.

I checked my phone and it was still six in the morning. It could probably be my brother who was most likely got wasted last night. Not that I'm complaining but I don't like being awaken by a drunk brother.

He has his keys, why must he disturb me?  I grudgingly talked to myself while looking for my slippers under the bed.

My apartment is his second house. He lives in a condo but he usually stays in mine so he could watch my baby while I worked.

My brother has several businesses around the city and he has people to work for him that is why he doesn't mind staying at my house babysitting.

I don't want to hire a babysitter. I just don't give my trust easily, and I don't want my baby to grow and bring up by other people.

I worked full time in the university but I always managed my day so I could still go home as early as possible.

I know I bother France so much more already, but he never let me feel left alone.

The knocking still continues . I put my robe on and head my way to the door.

“Don't you have keys?” I said in an irritated voice thinking it's just my brother banging the door early in the morning.

As I opened the front door, I became speechless. All I did was stare at the person standing before me.

I don't know if I am dreaming or hallucinating.

I forgot I was only wearing my nighties without any bra on and I just covered myself with the silk pink robe untied.

I noticed him glaring at my chest. I quickly covered myself and I swallowed deeply.

I looked down so I couldn't meet his eyes. My ex-husband's eyes.

“What are doing here?”

He didn't answer. I raised my head and I almost jumped when our eyes met, and he just gave me his sexy smirk.

I stared at him expressionless.

“What I can help you with?” I asked again hoping he would say something.

Five seconds had passed but he still didn't utter a word, so I abruptly step inside. But as I was about to shut the door, he stopped it by blocking his foot.

It made me stop and I could feel my heart beating so fast.

He made his way inside the apartment. Did he just invited himself in? How dare he!

“This is trespassing. Please see yourself out or I'm calling the guards now.”

I proudly stood up with both my hands on my waist.

“So, this is where you're hiding?” He faced me and I could see the boldness in his blue eyes.

“I'm not hiding from anyone.” I quickly responded. “If you have no business here anymore, please get out!”

But instead of going out, he made his way to the couch in the living room and sat.

“Aren't you going to ask me for some coffee?” He asked. This is getting ridiculous.

“You wish.” I responded raising my eyebrows. I was probably so mean to him but he deserved it.

I heard the sound of the door open and my brother entered. He was suspiciously looking at me then turned his head to check the person sitting on the couch.

“Who is he Livy?” France asked me with his sleepy voice. He indeed got wasted from his clubbing last night.

“He is...ahm...David...a friend....” I stuttered while composing myself.

David stood up to handshake with my brother.

“Hi, I'm David Miller. You must be Olivia's brother, France?”

“I am.” He smiled while returning a handshake.

“France, you smell. Go and take a bath.” I interrupted. He nodded and quickly disappeared.

After my brother left, I turned to him.

“I think your overstaying already. Please make sure to lock the door when you get out.” And I walked away.

“Why can't you say my name?” I stopped. His voice was so daring.

“Why can't you speak my name?” He asked again. “I still remember how you used to shout it when I pleasure you and when I make you co....”

“Stop.” I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

My knees were shaking. I wanted to cry but no tears were coming out. I made a fist so I could still control my rage by my hands.

“We're done.”

I didn't say much, afraid I might say something that I would regret.

I walked to the front door and clutched the doorknob to let him out. He walked towards me and before he stepped out, he whispered something in my ears..

”I will come and claim you back.” That made me frozen. 🌬