Chapter 29 💝

David's POV

The spotlight illuminated the stage and the audience were all focusing on me. I noticed their flirtitious glances, including the female host adjacent to me.

I was never timid to this type of situation, but this one made me nervous like hell.

I had been interviewed and featured countless times from different parts of the world as the most successful and highest paid male model and a businessman, and that made my life so exposed.

People wanted to know everything about me; from the clothes I was wearing to the type of toothpaste I was using. They seemed to know a lot of me, but there was one thing they were not aware of.

That I was married once. No, I'm still married.

She was my limelight. She was the reason I couldn't wait to get home. She had been my everything.

I just realized it when she disappeared from my life already.

You never know who you are until you loose something.

I was stupid. I made a mistake. How could I do that to her. My wife. My own wife. The woman who valued and trusted me with everything in her.

I was sitting on a couch in front of the cameras and the crowd. I felt the total tension inside me.

She must had watched me.

"You have been selected to judge for this year's Miss Universe. But aside from that purpose, what are the other things that you plan to do while staying in the country?" The female host asked me.

"My woman is here." I answered without hesitations.

All of the people inside the room gasped in surprised.

I'm here for you, baby.

"Does she know you're here for her?"

"No." I replied. No, she doesn't.

"So you'll gonna surprise her then? Are we going to hear a wedding bell soon?"

I smiled.

"She's already my wife."

"We haven't heard this before. Wow! Would you mind to tell us how long you've been married?

"It's been almost two years now." I chuckled upon seeing the shocked crowd.

I earned whoops of delight from them.

"Wow. This is such a blast. Ladies and gentlemen, the sexiest and most stylish male model and businessman on Earth is already taken. So back off!" I never saw it coming from the female host herself. I suppressed a laugh.

She continued to asked me questions related to my business and my career as a model. The interview was finished in exactly 30 minutes, and I left immediately for my next photoshoot.

I came here not because of the pageant but all because of my wife, Olivia Miller. My Olivia.

My private investigator told me that she returned to her homeland after leaving London. At least it was where she went based on the travel records of the airline.

Accepting the task to be a judge of the pageant was just my sideline. I had to know the places around this country. I had to impress her. I sound like a stalker now.

I didn't want to just show up in her doorstop and shocked her. Scaring her away was the last thing I would do.

Here I come, baby. I will never let you go. Never again.