Chapter 37 💝

David's POV

I brushed and sprawled her hair freely on the bed while I was still on top of her.

"I was visiting you at school since France offered to watch our son. Mr. Patrick assisted me but Miss Victoria came and offered to help me instead. She kept on talking and laughing to me but I didn't listen and I never care what she was saying."

"My mind was filled with ideas on where to take you out. I did return the gesture as a respect. I'm sorry, baby. I was insensitive. I should have known it was hurting you already. It was never my intention to hurt you, baby."

She just glared at me with questions in her eyes.

"Even if you would ask Mr. Patrick, I went there and was looking only for you."

She sighed and nodded and gave me a tiny beam. I cupped her face closer to mine and we were only centimeters apart.

"When I say I am going to get you back, I swear in all my life and forever that I will never stop until my last breath."

"How could you say that after all you've done to me? You were the one who pushed me away, remember?" Her expression became serious again.

Disappointed and crashed, I looked down.

"I received a mail in my office before I got home that night. There were pictures of you and different men on the bed. I tried processing it in my mind. I was convincing myself that my wife couldn't do that. But.."

"But you didn't try harder." She interrupted. "Instead, you listen to the pictures who can't even talk. You didn't listen to your wife who has a mouth to speak."

"I know I was fooled and I was stupid."

"You're not stupid. You were...not a man enough to your wife."

The truth hit me to the core. What was more hurtful was it came from my own wife. I was not a man enough to my wife.

"We were both aware that our marriage was an agreement. But David, I am and have been always true to my vows." Tears started to fall on her cheeks.

I kept my head down. I was ashamed. 

"What made you believe that I was involved with other men? You insisted I should not get a job and just stayed home, I obliged. You hired a platoon to guard the house, I didn't complain. You always called me on the phone every chances you get, I always answered. I didn't know you have doubts. I'm sorry." She was choking from her own tears.

"I'm sorry I was not good enough...I'm sorry I was not the wife you needed. I'm sorry I didn't meet and achieve your expectations. I'm sorry I didn't satisfy you like the women you had before. I'm sorry I was a virgin and inexperienced. I'm..."

She wasn't able to finish it. She cried harder. It was too painful for me to see her cry. But I knew it was most painful to her. I destroyed her.

"No, baby. Don't say that. There is nothing you need to be sorry for. You are everything I want and I need. You are everything I prayed for." I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her forehead many times.

"You're not that woman. I know you wouldn't do it to us." I know. And I believe you now, baby. I'm sorry it took time for me to realize.

"Have you already confirmed that that was not me?"

"I had it investigated. It was all photoshopped."

"So when you found out that it was all photoshopped, that guaranteed you that I was innocent?" That honestly shocked me. There were no words coming out from my mouth.