Flying

Alright, I was going to write a book about this prompt a while ago and I loved it, but as I have almost no time these days, I've decided to give the prompt to you. I entrust you wonderful authors with its care. :)

In this world, each child is born with a singular wing protruding from the centre of his or her back. (It's your choice whether the wings are all angel wings or eagle wings or all completely different.) As the children grow older, the wing grows stronger, but one wing is never strong enough to fly by itself. Instead, when each person finds someone they will love forever, and who loves them back, they can form a link, and fly together. After one joint flight, both grow something called a phantom-wing, which is a translucent second wing, allowing them to fly even if their partner isn't near. If one gets hurt, the other feels it in their phantom wing. If one dies, the other's phantom wing stays, since they still possess love for each other, but if the two break up, they both lose their phantom wing. This isn't to say each person is predestined to be with a particular other, instead it means that no two wings work together and allow their owners flight unless they feel that the person is right.

It's like love, your heart knows immediately if you're in love, but it's another story altogether whether the other person feels the same. Both wings must feel love before two can fly together.

One day, however, a child is born with no wings. He is disregarded by everyone, and cast out as one who will never find love, and therefore can't be loved.

But can he? What if instead of linking with a partner to fly, he falls in love with two, both with a wing, and can fly between them? It's never happened before, but maybe the love that seems impossible is the truest of all.

Extra: The two characters who already have one wing receive a phantom wing from the other, and the one without receives one from each. Not only that, all of them grow... a tail? All three grow phantom tail feathers, beautiful arrays of colours and wispy plumes.

Idea: Does this prompt take place today? Or in medieval times? Or in the future? Your choice.

Thoughts: I tend to dislike a lot of soulmate AUs because I feel like they eliminate people's choice of who to love. In this prompt, however, wings are based purely on love, but can't be swayed by fake love or lust. You can't lie to the wings.

Comment what OT3 you think this would work best for, and which would be the ones with the wings?

I think Vik and Simon would have wings and JJ wouldn't. I feel like a lot of you are going to want Vik without wings because for some reason you all like seeing him upset XD but I feel like this would be an interesting group.