Time

When a freak accident caused by a government lab creates a portal to another time, Joshua*, a seventeenth century English aristocrat, falls through.

He is found by Simon, who is confused at the situation, but not nearly confused as Josh, who can't fathom the thought of technology, easy access to spices, and equality between races and sexes.

Simon lets him stay, but very quickly gets fed up with Josh, who calls him "peasant" and seems to think he runs the place. Can he teach Josh to value this new life, or does he begin a quest to put Josh back where he came from?

Bonus: if Simon makes Josh go shopping for more modern clothing (and double bonus if Josh buys only purple things because purple in his time denotes a person of class)

Bonus: if someone calls someone "salty" and since salt is such an oddity, Josh is convinced that salty means rich.

Bonus: if Simon snaps at Josh, who realises he's wrong and buys something for Simon, and even better if he buys something that's completely dumb now, but in his time would have been really thoughtful (and Simon accepts it with a smile because he knows how much Josh cares.)

Bonus: if Josh is appalled by the clothing modern women wear, and Simon just rolls his eyes a lot when Josh freaks out.

Bonus: if Josh starts out very wary of JJ because he's seen very few black people in his life. Simon gets really angry of course, and eventually Josh and JJ become good friends.

*Josh's character could also be replaced by:

-Vik, a sultan of India in the 1300's

-JJ, an escaped American slave in the 1800's (don't yell at me for this, I only say this because it would be interesting to see a story where he gets transported to a time where he's considered equal, and Simon has to care for him and help him realise that he's not going to get hit every time he says no.)

-Ethan, a spartan general.

Bonus: Since the Romans were super gay, what if Ethan is not at all subtle about his love for Simon, who finds it slightly disconcerting.

-Preston, a soldier in the American revolution.

Bonus: if he is terrified of Simon's British accent and is constantly trying to knock over random peoples' tea cups.

-Harry, a pirate on the run from the British military.