Riot

Vik is a policeman, sent to monitor a protest against inequality, make sure no violence breaks out, and no one gets hurt. He's dreading the job from the moment he learns of his assignment. Even though he firmly believes in the movement that the protestors are fighting for, he knows that the moment he puts on his uniform, he'll be seen as the enemy to these people, someone sent to prevent them from speaking out.

Simon is a protestor, on the front lines with a large poster and a determined expression. He sees Vik standing stoically in front of him, as are many officers, spaced apart from each other, but close enough to prevent people from breaking lines and storming the government building in front of which they're protesting. Simon would generally scowl at such officers, angry at their alleged disgust towards the protestors.

This time, however, the protest is going very well, and Simon, already in a good mood, spares a second glance towards the officer, and notices something. Vik has a somewhat proud expression on his face, muffled by his attempt at hiding his emotions to the angry people. He looks as though, even if he can't be a part of the protest, he holds a sense of admiration for their work.

Suddenly overcome by joy at this new development, Simon decides to do something crazy. In a show of gratitude, he leans over the striped barrier, and kisses the officer straight on the lips.

(This actually happened at a protest in England a couple years ago, so I turned it into a sidemen thing)

(Characters are interchangeable, batteries not included. Side effects may include many votes and comments as well as making me really happy 😊)