Spoiled Rotten

Lachlan, the prince of his kingdom, has everything he could ever want. His parents dote on him, he gets everything his heart desires, and men and women alike throw themselves at his feet begging for a single kiss or to touch his gorgeous golden hair (on which he spends more time then he would like to admit).

And still, Simon catches him in the kitchen whining about how terribly bored and tied down he feels. Simon, who has been a slave all his life, who was stolen from his parents during a war between kingdoms, who can't call anything "his own" even himself, can't hide his appalled shock at this kid who just burst into the palace kitchen while he was cleaning, grabbed a donut off of the counter, and started complaining to Simon about how he just wants to explore, and how his parents are annoying, and they should just leave him alone, and how mustn't it be nice to be a common person, able to marry whoever he pleased.

Simon starts out just nodding his head and looking at the floor while he's cleaning as he's supposed to, but eventually he can't take it anymore. He turns on Lachlan and straight out scolds him, reprimanding him for being an ignorant spoiled brat who knows nothing of being trapped.

Lachlan's jaw drops at Simon's forceful chides, no one has ever talked to him in such a way, especially not a kitchen slave.

At the end of Simon's admonishment, all Lachlan can do is peep out a tiny "sorry." Because he is sorry, and he never realised, and he knows that he's mistaken, and wrong, and unbelievably turned on.

Bonus: if Simon realises what he just did and freaks out, kneeling at Lachlan's feet, bracing for his imminent punishment, which, of course, never comes.

Bonus: if Lachlan realises that he's in love with Simon, and constantly tries to convince the other to go out with him, but Simon refuses to give him the one thing he doesn't already own, until Lachlan proves that he's learnt.

Check out Enchanted_Spirits Oneshot based on this prompt! It's called "You're not trapped!" and it's in her Gay Oneshots book