Apples

Simon and Josh are roommates, (and maybe also boyfriends), in university, and Josh is majoring in mythology. One day, while both are just chilling around the dorm, Josh picks up an apple and lobs it at Simon. Simon catches it, confused, but his baffled look only gets a shrug from Josh, who is immediately invested in his notes.

This starts happening more often, until Simon is constantly watching his back, in the cafeteria, around town, in class, for stray flying apples.

And then...

A. Simon finds a group of other boyfriends and girlfriends of mythology majors who are dealing with the same thing.

B. Simon eventually begs Josh to tell him what's going on, which Josh eventually does.

C. Simon researches it one day, and immediately throws an apple back at Josh, who clasps his hands over his mouth in shock and happiness.

D. Simon researches it and the next time Josh throws a apple at him, he yells "yes!" and runs to hug Josh.

Yay! Comment which you think is the cutest. My favourite is the first one. Maybe they would all become friends and plan some sort of response based on something that actually happened in mythology, like they'll start sticking pomegranate seeds in everything they cook for the other person, and it ends with a skit or something. And I like to think that the group of people Simon meets are all sidemen and friends also XD

Check out LordCord  Oneshot based on this prompt! It's called "Apples? - Minizerk (references to other ships)" and it's in her SidePack Oneshot Book!