Chapter 9

Alex's Real Mom's POV (Surprise)

I sobbed as I got the news. My husband and I have been looking for almost 18 years, with still no sign of our precious daughter.

We have been looking for so long, I don't remember what it was like to hold my baby in my arms. I sobbed harder at this.

My husband has been trying so hard to find her, but we could never find her.

After her adoptive mother died, we've been searching. We've searched nights, sometimes lots of us didn't sleep, not until we find our missing princess.

I looked over and instantly felt the familiar warmth of my mate. I looked to my side and hugged my mate, sobbing loudly.

Where could she be? Please Alexandria....come back to us.

Alex's POV

I felt the sunlight seeping through my curtains and rubbed my eyes.

I stretched and sat up. I yawned and looked over at the alarm clock.

12:35pm

I gasped and threw the cover aside.

I'm LATE!

I quickly threw on a white tank top, a black and white flannel, skinny jeans, and my running shoes.

I ran out of the pack house, down the stairs, across the lawn, and into the field.

Oh sorry, let me tell you why I'm running down the path like a maniac.

It started yesterday.

Flashback:

I was in the training field, watching all the wolves either learning self-defense, boxing, or full on fight matches.

I gasped as I seen one wolf in the fighting ring get K.O'd. I winced as I seen some of his teeth fly out, that's most likely permanent.

Mason must have sensed my uneasiness and discomfort because he started walking over to me. But with his long äss legs, he was here faster than you can say the whole alphabet.

I gulped as he slightly towered over me. I was like 5"0 and he's a tree. To be more scientific he's like 6'6.

"That's gonna be you tomorrow, you know." He had told me. I felt my eyes widen.

"What the hell do you mean?" I growled slightly, there was NO way I was getting my butt kicked in that ring. I would rather sit in my new room and read a book. To be more specific, I would like to read the book 'if I stay'.

"You're going to fight, but not in that ring. Your just going to learn a few self-defense method techniques." He explained, making me ease up slightly. But only just a bit.

I nodded and puffed out some air. He looked at me, smiled, then walked away. I kept watching the ring and gulped as I seen another guy get thrown out, then he was pronounced severely injured.

I felt myself hyperventilating and told myself to take deep breaths. And that's just what I did.

End of flashback.

So that's why I'm running. I'm late to training. Oh god, Mason is gonna kill me. I groaned at the thought. Well I mean, it's my first day of training, so maybe he will go easy?

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! TRAINING STARTED AN HOUR AGO!" He growled in my face.

I stand corrected. He's still a prick. Pfft doesn't even go easy on his mate. What a jerk.

I rolled my eyes at him and his eyes turned darker. Fück. I backed up and then ran off, yelling,

"OKAY OKAY!"

I started training, lifting weights, using the bench-press and the other exercise machines, sweating after the first one. I'm seriously out of shape. How do they all do this for 10 hours straight?

I winced as the weight landed on my chest, I tried to lift it up and put it back, but it wouldn't budge.

I started gasping for breath, both from lack of air, and another from working myself to much.

I started tearing up, thinking I was going to die. Everyone didn't seem to care that I somehow landed a weight on myself, a 5"0 feet girl, and is about to die of lack of oxygen.

I then felt the air return, and I started breathing heavily, falling on the ground and catching my breath.

I looked up to see Mason looking at me, a mixed emotion of worried, shocked, angry, upset, and terrified.

I looked at him confused. Why is HE terrified? I should be the one running for the hills, not him.

I gasped as I felt the warmth of my mate comfort me, my trembling body, into his embrace. I cried into his chest, feeling him rub my back comfortingly.

I felt him pick me up bridal-style and walk to the pack house. He walked up the stairs and set me in HIS room, laying me down gently on the bed, and kissing my forehead, tucking me in.

I looked up at him and smiled gratefully, all while he looked at me concerned.

"I'm fine." I told him, smiling. I seen his chest breath out, like he was relieved.

"I'm glad." He mumbled, kissing my head again, then getting in the bed with me. I blushed.

He gently pulled me against him, so that my face was to his, and he kissed my nose. I blushed harder, he chuckled.

He tangled our legs together, and I turned around so that my back was to his chest. I yawned and turned back around, laying my head against his chest.

I fell asleep in his warm, comforting embrace.