Chapter 39

Alex's POV

"What do you mean my baby boy might not survive?" I questioned the doctor, tears in my eyes. He frowned.

"I'm sorry, Luna, but he probably won't live for more than a week. If he were to live, that would be a miracle." He said seriously, and cried into my hands.

I was glad to know two of them are healthy, but my only boy is going to die, because we don't have the money to pay for his treatments. The doctor says it's useless since he may not live anyway. If he were to live, it would be a miracle.

I breathed a sigh, nodding sadly and looked away from the doctor. He sighed and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"Alex..." I looked up, tears in my eyes, to see my mom and dad standing at the doorway.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry..." She whispered, running over and hugging me tightly. I cried into her shirt.

My dad walked over, kissing my temple and hugging me tightly also.

"He'll be okay. The best you can do is just hope he will survive." My dad whispered, and I nodded, sniffling loudly and looking up.

"I just hope he's okay..." I whispered, and they both nodded sadly.

"The doctors are trying their very best. Don't worry, he'll be okay. He'll be that happy little boy that we all know he will be."

I hugged my dad, mumbling thank you's into his shirt, and I pulled away, breathing calmly.

"Can I at least see him?" I mumbled, and they nodded, signaling the doctor to come over. He came in the room, and stood there.

"Can I see my baby boy?" I looked at him pleadingly. He nodded.

"Sure, Luna. But only for a few minutes. He will get hurt if he's out of the treatment for more than ten minutes." I nodded, and the doctor left the room, returning a few minutes later. Only this time, he has my baby boy in his arms.

He walked over to me, and I stared down at him.

I kissed his head, and he opened his eyes to see me. He has my eye color, the beautiful green, but he had Mason's appearance, all manly like but soft and calm.

He smiled at me, and I smiled back. He was adorable, the possibility of him dying made me tear up.

I stared down at him, and I whispered, "I love you, don't ever forget that,"

"Always fight for what you know you can do, and never give up. Fight for your life..." I could feel the tears going down my face as he looked at me in confusion, and I hugged him tightly as the doctor walked over.

"It's time, Luna." I nodded and sobbed, handing over my child to the doctor, who walked out of the room with my little joy in his arms.

Mason walked in, and he walked over, I cried in his chest as he held me. He looked like he had been crying, but I didn't question it and just cried while he whispered sweet things to me.

Please, let him survive. He has so much to live for.

I prayed for his future. I prayed for his life.