Chapter 23

"Danny, wake up. Wake up, Danny!"

I groaned, opening my eyes and looking around me. I seen Alex looking at me questionably, probably wondering why I was asleep in a chair.

"O-oh hey--"

I yawned. "Hey Alex." She had her hands on her hips, glaring at me.

"What did I do?" I said confused, looking around me wondrously.

"You were gone for days. I couldn't find you, then you decide to show up in the middle of chaperoning, only to fall asleep in a chair." She said grumpily. I chuckled.

"What's so funny?" She glared, looking into my soul with her piercing gaze.

"Sorry sis, it's been a long day for me." I mumbled, then I remembered I need to ask her what I promised Charles I would.

"Hey, Alex?" I looked up at her, my facial expression serious. She looked over at me, confusion written all over her face.

"Yeah, Danny?" She said curiously, concern lacing her features a bit.

"I talked to Charles...--"

"I don't want to talk about him. He hurt me, insulted me, made fun of me, humiliated me for the past 15 years! I'm sick of it! If he really cared, he would come down here and prove it to me. But is he here? I don't think so." She growled, glaring at the wall.

"Alex...I'm sure he's gonna come back--"

"He's right, I am."

We both gasped, looking over to the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Alex sneered, growling.

"I'm here to apologize."