Chapter 21

Daniels POV

I knocked on Charles door, breathing calmly.

I was going to find a way to get him to give me what's rightfully mine to control, but knowing his prïck attitude and stubbornness, that's unlikely.

He opened the door, his gaze instantly hardening at my appearance. I smirked, returning the hard gaze and crossed my arms.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He snarled.

I remember the days when the whole family would spend time together, my father being proud of Alex, acting like a true father.

I guess-- maybe he just missed mom so much that he-- he lost it. He had to blame somebody, that he blamed his only daughter.

I wiped the tear falling out of my eye, losing my train of thought and forgetting why I am even here. He obviously hates us, why should I try to win him over...

"D-Daniel?"

That's when I snapped...

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WE USED TO BE SO CLOSE! ALEX LOVED YOU, YOU LOVED HER! I COULDN'T EVEN LEAVE THE HOUSE KNOWING THE HATRED I HAD FOR MY OWN SISTER!" I yelled, tearing up drastically.

"Son I--"

"NO! YOU LOST THE RIGHT TO CALL ME SON WHEN YOU HURT MY SISTER--ADOPTED OR NOT-- AND DISOWNED ME!"

"I'm sorry okay!"

I looked up, shocked. My father hasn't apologized since mom died, he said it was a sign of weakness, a sign of sorrow, a sign of pain...

"W-what?" I said, exasperated.

"I'm sorry..." He put his face in his hands, as I watched the tears start to come down his face.

"..."

"I'm so sorry...."

I went over and hugged him, sighing. When I was little, when my dad was sad, I'd always hug him and he'd instantly get better.

I felt his arms hesitantly wrap around me, then fully enclose on my waist.

"I'm sorry I haven't been the father you've both wanted--just with the love of my life gone-- I don't know what to do with my life anymore--a part of me died! What the hell do you expect me to do?" He cried, almost crushing me with his strong grip.

"I-I don't know if I can forgive you...you hurt me, and my sister! What kind of father would hurt his own CHILDREN?" I yell, pushing him off me, the recent events of my life along with Alex's hitting me back like a tidal wave.

"I--I'm sorry!" He yelled, his eyes all puffy and red.

"Sorry won't bring mom back! Sorry won't being your daughter back! Sorry won't bring me back!"

"You think I don't know that?!" He yelled, growling at me at the mention of mom.

"She loved you, Charles! THEY BOTH LOVED YOU! I think I know why you hated Alex so much! SHE LOOKED JUST LIKE MOM! YOU COULDN'T STAND THE FACT THAT ALEX LIVED AND SHE DIDN'T! MOM RISKED HER LIFE TO SAVE ALEX, AND YOU BROKE BOTH LIVES BY HURTING HER!" I yelled, anger coursing through my veins. It finally makes sense, why he would be hurting Alex.

I looked up and seen something flicker in his eyes, I blinked and he was gone.

I sighed and went to walk out the door, but something blocked my way. I looked up, it was Charles.

"I loved you both...all of you. I couldn't handle the pain of Alex looking just like her mother--adoptive for not--so I took out all the pain on her...by making her feel my pain."

"SHE WAS 3 CHARLES! A 3 YEAR OLD SHOULD'NT HAVE TO GO THROUGH THAT!"

"I-I know! I said sorry!"

"Sorry won't bring mom back, sorry won't bring anyone back. Not even Alex's messed up, painful childhood. And it's all your fault!" I yelled, and I seen the broken look in his eyes, the one he's been trying to hide.

"It's all my fault..." He whispered, sitting on the ground, his head in his hands.

~This is only an illusion, she's not actually there, it's the guilt building in both of their minds and hearts~

"D-daddy?" I heard. I looked back and little Alex was standing there. She looked to be about 3 years old.

"A-Alex?" Dad said.

"Daddy!" She yelled, running over to him, hugging his legs. He went to touch her, but she went right through him. He gasped and looked up at me.

The girl then became sadder. Her eyes filled with tears.

"Daddy? Why are you hurting me? D-daddy? DADDY!" I heard, then my eyes widened when blood appeared all over her, then she fell to the ground, covered in her own blood. She wasn't moving.

"I-I didn't--" I looked over at Charles, his eyes filled with tears, now realizing the true pain Alex went through.

"Dad! Guess what!"

It was now a 8 year old Alex, her eyes filled with so much happiness even though she was in so much pain.

"Dad...can you at least look at it?" She whispered, her eyes now filled with tears.

"I still love you...dad." She mumbled, then she disappeared.

I looked back over at Charles, he was shocked.

"She still loved me even though I was a prïck to her..." He gasped, his eyes tearing up.

"Hey." 16 year old Alex walked by, not even looking at him and went up to her room. That was the year she finally gave up trying to make him understand.

The illusions stopped, I didn't see anything after that, everything came back on. I sighed. What have we done?

"I-I'm sorry Alex..." I heard Charles whisper, tears sliding down his cheeks.

"I'm sure she forgives you."

"No she doesn't..."

"What do you mean?"

"I know because she told me she didn't..." He mumbled. I gasped.

All I Ever Wantedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें