Chapter 26

Mason's POV

My face was in my hands as I cried. What the hell have I done? I hurt the love of my life because of my lust for her. My wolf took over, he didn't mean to hurt her, she just made him hungry for her.

I sighed. My day has been horrible. With having to mourn over my mate possibly not even waking up, and all the Alpha work, I was a complete mess.

I needed her to wake up, her family needed her to wake up. We all needed her to wake up.

I ran a hand through my hair, looking back over to the beeping machine, the machine deciding my mates fate. I then looked next to the machine, to the hospital bed, where my mate lay. She was so pale, her head was wrapped up in a white bandage, the blood seeping through it strongly. I then looked lower, seeing another white bandage, but this time wrapped around her waist and back.

The doctor says she may have a strong concussion, and that she may lose her life. The thought of that scares me.

I look at my mate once more, she was beautiful no matter the state she was in. I remember the day we first met, she was feisty, gorgeous, and strong. I knew she was the one to lead our pack. I knew she would be the perfect Luna.

I was right. The way she handles children, with her kind heart and beautiful smile, she would be a perfect Luna and a perfect mother.

I think back to the day we first met, it was the best day of my life...

I look out the window, thoughts clouding my mind of our first encounter. The encounter that changed my life.

I looked back over to the bed, seeing her start to stir. My eyes lit up. Maybe the doctor was wrong! Maybe she will live, and we can have the life we've always dreamed of having.

I ran over to her bed, my hair a mess from having my hand run through it a bunch of times.

I held her hand as her eyes opened, and I smiled. She was going to be okay! I kissed her knuckle, my mouth set into a bright smile even as I pulled away.

"M-Mason?" She whispered, her throat dry and hoarse as she spoke.

"Yes, princess?" I whispered back, the smile never leaving my face as I leaned towards hers.

"I-I love you." She said more clear, but her voice was still scratchy.

"I love you too, my love." I mumbled, leaning in and pecking her lips.

"No, I mean I love you because your here." She said, looking up at me through her lashes.

"What do you mean?" I said, confused on what she meant.

"All my life, I've been ignored and hated because of who I was, and who I looked like. So for you to be here, and stay with me, makes me the happiest woman in the universe." She whispered, this time, with great restraint, leaning up to kiss me.

I smiled at her as we pulled away. She was the best girl ever. I loved her with all my heart. And now that I know she felt the same, I love her even more if that's possible.

I tucked her hair behind her ear, leaning down and kissing her cheek. She was the best thing that ever happened to me, and I'm proud to say, I don't regret a thing.

I climbed in slowly, making sure I didn't hurt her, and she scooted a little over to her left, making room for me to lay down next to her. I smiled and lied down, tugging her closer to me and hugging her close, being careful of her head and back injury. I wrapped my arm around her waist, and turned over so I was facing her.

"I love you." I whispered, pecking her lips.

"I love you too." She smiled, pecking my lips also.

I watched her as she fell asleep slowly, while my hand was running through her hair gently, making sure not to hit her head injury.

When she finally fell asleep, I kissed her cheek and leaned my head on hers gently, joining her in the world of dreams.