Chapter 10

Masons POV

I smiled as I looked down at my mate. She was still sleeping beside me, wrapped up in my arms.

I yawned a little, and she fluttered her eyes open.

"What's wrong? Why are you awake?" She yawned herself. She then glared at me.

"What did I do?"

"Stop yawning, you made me yawn." Alex growled, making me laugh.

"I might fake yawn now to make you angry." I smirked. I know she'd get angry so I covered her mouth when she was about to say something.

"Sorry, can't talk, pack work. Love ya Alex!" And then I ran out of the room, in just my boxers. I thought about this issue and then I remembered I have a spare closet full of suits and back-up outfits for exactly this problem.

As soon as I got to my office, I went over to the closet, grabbed a suit, and then went into the bathroom connected to the closet. I'm there I changed into my suit.

I came back out minutes later and sat down at my desk. Then I got to work.

~3 Hours Later~

I looked up, completely exhausted. I yawned a little and leaned my head down on the desk, making it so my head was resting in my arms.

I felt myself drift off to sleep, trying to stay awake, but the thought of sleep now seemed like an obsession.

~1 Hour Later~

I bolted awake as the old clock sounded throughout the room.

I looked at it as I rubbed my eyes and I gasped. I was asleep for an hour! I wasn't even supposed to sleep, I have to get this pack work done!

I quickly rushed, trying to figure out what I'm supposed to finish completing when a knock sounded throughout the echoed room.

I groaned and whispered hoarsely,

"Come in..."

But then I realized they couldn't hear me so I cleared my throat and said deeply,

"Come in!"

The person walked in, and I now realized who it was.

It was the pack slüt who's name I shall not mention.

"What the hell do YOU want?" I sneered, and she giggled obnoxiously.

I rolled my eyes and proceeded to get up, but in lightning flash she was beside me and on my lap, straddling me.

"Get up, now. Before I kick you out of the pack. This isn't he first time you've ruined a very special relationship or opportunity for me. Leave." I growled, and she instantly ran out of the room.

I rubbed my temples as I sat back down in my chair, and yawned uncontrollably.

"Dude, you should probably get some sleep. You look exhausted."

I looked up startled, then seen my beta Blake walk in. I sighed in relief.

"I'll take over. Go get some sleep, don't worry I'll take care of everything for you. You could use the sleep you know, you look like crap." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"I appreciate it Blake. Thanks." I yawned again, getting up.

"Nah it's no problem. I want to help my best friend in any way possible. And besides, you should be with your mate."

"Yeah your right. Good night, Blake."

"Good night, Mason."

I trudged out of the room and dragged myself up to my bedroom.

As I walked in I seen my mate asleep on the bed. I smiled. She was so beautiful, how did I get so lucky?

I lied beside her, not even bothering to change, and I wrapped my arm around her. I watched as a trace of a smile spread on her face in her dreams.

I moved my head so it was on top of hers, and I fell asleep instantly.