Ch. 1: First Day

A/N: Remember this is five years later so Annie is six years old.

<~Ally's POV:
Today is Annie's first day of school. I scan through her closet to pick out a cute outfit for her to wear. I decided on a white kitten shirt with a pink skirt.

"Annie! Where are you! You need to get ready for your first day of school!" I called.

I waited a bit, but Annie did not appear. I already know she is scared to go to school. Everyone is when it's their first time.

I scurried around looking for her, but she was no where to be found. She's a better hider than I thought.

I went downstairs when I finally found her. She was sitting on her daddy's lap, shaking and hugging her knees. She squealed when she saw me.

"No mommy, no! I don't wanna go to school!" She squealed before hiding her face in Austin's shirt.

"Sweetheart you have to go to school. I know you'll have lots of fun. Your going to make so many friends." Austin assured her.

Annie starred up at Austin, "Are you sure." She asked cautiously. He nodded.

My jaw drops. So she believes Austin's small sentence when I spent all day telling her how great school is.

"Okay daddy..." Annie mumbles. She wrapped her tiny arms around his body.

I nearly died watching how adorable this was.

Annie hopped over to me and smiled, "Can I wear my kitty shirt?" She asked.

"Of course. I've already gotten it out. It's lying on your bed." I tell her. Her smile grows bigger and she goes up to her room to change.

I sighed and plopped down onto the couch beside Austin.

"Everything alright?" He asks. He snaked his right arm around my shoulders.

I shrugged, "I think she likes you better than me."

"Ally, don't think that. Your her mom, she likes you just as much if not more." He replies and kisses my cheek.

I didn't say anything.

Then Annie appeared at the bottom of the stairwell. Looking adorable in the outfit I had picked out for her.

"I'm ready." She mumbled quietly.

I smiled at her, "Okay, lets go." I say excitedly.

I walk out to the car, Annie is skipping behind me.

"Wait! Isn't daddy gonna come!" Annie yells suddenly.

I bring my finger to my lips, "Annie, you don't need to be so loud." I said, "And no, daddy isn't coming." I tell her.

"Why!" Annie yells again.

I roll my eyes, "Because then we'll get mobbed by fans. Remember daddy is a star." I reminded her.

She turned in sorrow and climbed into the backseat. It was sad that Austin couldn't really take her anywhere unless he had bodyguards. Sometimes I really wish we were a normal family.

It was silent the whole drive to school. Annie didn't seem nervous anymore. She was just upset that Austin wasn't here.

Finally we arrived and Annie held my hand as we walked into the big building.

"Mommy, I'm scared." Annie shuddered.

"Trust me, you'll like school." I assure her.

We walked into Annie's classroom. There were lots of toys and coloring utensils. There was even a big colorful rug on the floor and a fish tank.